LT Cab pics

More
02 Nov 2012 22:12 #1 by dandjcr
dandjcr created the topic: LT Cab pics
Forum Home > On the Road > LT Cab pics

Cando
Hi all,
Does anyone have pic's of the inside of an LT cab. i now have the XT dash out of the rusty cab and it will not even go close to fitting in to the LT. ( dont believe all your told)
The XT dash will need to be cut and reshaped to meke it fit, but i dont know what the inside of an LT looks like in detail. As we are installing a overhead RedDot aircon/heater unit we dont need holf the dash bits from the XT. will need to replace the dash dimist motor and hook it up some how though.
so far iv noticed the following is not the same
dash ( needs cutting, shaping etc)
steering colum mount ( need to weld brackets in at a minimum)
seats ( need to 'adjust' brackets)

all will be fine in time.
happy travels

--
Happy trails

Cando and Bron XLT 112

April 3, 2011 at 3:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hal Harvey
Site Owner
Here's some Cando, three of mine at various times and one of somebody else's. Sorry I didn't get to catch up last week in Darwin, all a bit intense. Did spot the Cando work van in town on Thursday night, opposite the noisy pub. We were on our way home at the time.

Some of all of this isn't standard, of course. Let us know if you need clarification.
--
Hal

April 3, 2011 at 4:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cando
cheers Hal,
This helps heaps. iv got lots of 'adjustin' to do. just hookin up a sheet metal bender/ guillotine / roller from the workshp next door so i can make the dash fit .
is your middle section between the seats square or does it bend towards the top and head to the other seat? does this make sence? my new one does.
Yeh, pitty missed you last week. let us knwo if you make it this way again. did you get to do any run off?
I notice you have HF, any words of wisdom on models etc. do you use it much? i had passed them by in fav of other types until i realised there is actually quite a following.
--
Happy trails

Cando and Bron XLT 112

April 3, 2011 at 5:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Peter & Sandra James Oka 374
The centre section of the XT like yours is square, the LT slopes inwards from the floor under the seats and is narrower . That is why those doing an engine conversion like XT's rather than LT's as there is more room in the engine bay.
I also think that the area between the trans tunnel (width of the floor underneath the seat) is narrower in an XT as well, the whole engine area is wider. Someone with access to both could put a tape over them.
--
Oka 374 LT Van

April 3, 2011 at 7:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hal Harvey
Site Owner
The HF isn't mine, that's somebody else's dash - pic I had on file. I've never got into HF but there has been a fair bit said on this forum from time to time.

We did get a morning in at the mouth of the Mary early in the trip. Just as well because the allocated 'fishing day' late in the trip got cycloned out (well cyclone watch anyway). There's a Windows-compatible 3-minute slideshow at www.shwup.com/openalbum/northern_territo...lideshow/0wCAT14o0kb including my PB threadfin salmon. Barras included a 105cm trolling, and a 106cm casting (not by me).
--
Hal

April 4, 2011 at 12:57 AM

David and Janet Ribbans - Oka 148
Oka148 profile here.
Visit our technical and travel blogs: here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.