oka turbo

More
01 Nov 2012 11:55 #1 by dandjcr
dandjcr created the topic: oka turbo
Forum Home > OKA Maintenance > oka turbo

travis
hey oka guys and girls,

chasing some info on the okas turbocharger. Model number and what footprint it has?(t-2 t-3 etc)

Im thinking about making an upgrade kit roller bearing garrett turbo, intercooler upgrade and 3.5" dump pipe and 3" exhaust.

If you are interested let me know
Cheers Travis
August 31, 2010 at 6:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
G'day Travis. I am interested in what you are proposing, I got hold of some surplus new parts which came from a Mermaid (Ford) marine engine. It was a 4 litre, 4 cylinder engine and I think that some Ford and Perkins parts are interchangeable I am hoping they will fit. I have fuel injectors, fuel pump, inlet and outlet valves, lifters and a Holset Turbo which is bigger than the one on the Oka. I read that quite a few people upgrade to a bigger turbo so it would probably be best to maybe not get the standard Oka one. If the Holset turbo I have is suitable and worth while swapping I'll have the old one available to dispose of if your interested but that won't be for a couple of months as I am still away working at sea for quite a while yet. Anybody got any opinions on the compatability of the above parts would be appreciated.
Thanks Darren
August 31, 2010 at 7:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

travis
i deffinantly wont be using the standard turbo it will have an internal wastegate and ball bearings, not sure if i will use garrett or holset yet i need to know what the factory turbo was so i can use the factory manifold, i dont have an oka atm so i cant use my own for a template
August 31, 2010 at 7:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

travis
ps thanks for the offer mate id like to have a look at the stock turbo..
August 31, 2010 at 11:02 PM

David and Janet Ribbans - Oka 148
Oka148 profile here.
Visit our technical and travel blogs: here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.