Window winder belt

More
01 Nov 2012 12:00 #1 by dandjcr
dandjcr created the topic: Window winder belt
Forum Home > OKA Maintenance > Window winder belt

Tony Lee
No phone service here between Wanaaring and Tiborburra so I can't check with Paul.

Picked up some spares he sent me at White Cliffs and just opened the packages. All in order but I wonder if the window winder belt is supposed to be a complete circle or is it cut (broken???) like mine is. Service manual doesn't really show the belt well enough for me to tell
--
Tony

picasaweb.google.com/114611728110254134379

August 6, 2010 at 5:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Aussie Bight Expeditions
Mine is cut and has small bolts at the ends in a clamp from memory. The design fault I feel with my 2 buses is that as they are not endless belts, they work on the same little section and if one puts on too much pressure and also with age they wear the teeth off, then they just stop working. would be nice to have a lever type arrangement. I do work on them every 12 months, by taking the inside cover off and lubricate the runners with a water proof grease or lanolin and that makes the windows easier to move up and down, and takes some of the extra pressure on the belts, as it is amazing what passengers do to the belts in a very short time. MY LT OKA'S models are as above, I assume the XT is the same. New NT models I believe do not use the same system.
Hope this helps

Regards ABE TONY Esperance
www.aussiebight.com

--
August 6, 2010 at 10:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tony Lee
Thanks Tony.

Couple of days ago the passenger door started to need slamming as well as the driver's so I took the inside lining off to lubricate the retaining pawl. Bit annoying to have to spend half an hour just to put a one-second squirt of lubricant on a part.

While I had it all off I did spray a fair bit of silicone spray on the sliding parts of the window mechanism and a bit of spray grease where appropriate and it certainly made it a lot easier to operate.
Couldn't see how the belt was secured - hence my question.
--
Tony

picasaweb.google.com/114611728110254134379

August 7, 2010 at 8:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Outback Jack
The new NT OKA uses a scissor type window mechanism. Might be good thing to upgrade, however from what I understand the XT and LT window mechanism are fine, just need regular servicing.
August 15, 2010 at 9:55 AM

David and Janet Ribbans - Oka 148
Oka148 profile here.
Visit our technical and travel blogs: here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.