× Post your interesting, useful and/or unique bush mechanics solutions here for others to smile at and maybe learn from.

Coffin box dimensions

More
19 Jan 2018 16:26 #1 by Holmz
Holmz created the topic: Coffin box dimensions
Looking understand what is inside of the "coffin box", which I believe is what the space where the air filter plumbing runs through.
Does anyone know the dimensions? (Geussing ~400mm wide and 125-150 mm deep and 1.2 meters or more high???)

On the driver's side looks to be the snorkel tube, and what us inside of the passenger side?
I have some ideas for gear inside those spaces but want to understand the volume and size - if anyone knows or has rough estimates?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jan 2018 18:34 #2 by Tony Lee
Tony Lee replied the topic: Coffin box dimensions
Above the ledge running behind the seats there is no depth at all is there. Just the outside skin with perforated vinyl and foam stuck to the inside.

More
20 Jan 2018 05:00 - 20 Jan 2018 05:10 #3 by dandjcr
dandjcr replied the topic: Coffin box dimensions
Holmz, the passenger side "coffin panel" area is handy for mounting stuff, I've fitted a couple of electronics boxes (solar charger) in that area, hidden but accessible. The useable internal panel area is 80cm high and 25-30cm wide, some of which is taken up with pipes/cables/cover plates etc.

If you have rear air con pipes, you'll probably have a steel cover to attach things to. Either way you'll need to make up some bespoke brackets attached to the door frame.

Before I fitted this stuff, I stripped off the black vinyl/foam since it was crumbling and re-covered the inside of the panel with sound-deadening material.

David and Janet Ribbans - Oka 148
Oka148 profile here.
Visit our technical and travel blogs: here.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 20 Jan 2018 05:10 by dandjcr.