× Post your interesting, useful and/or unique bush mechanics solutions here for others to smile at and maybe learn from.

Faulty Speedo

More
17 Jan 2019 13:46 #1 by John and Marg
John and Marg created the topic: Faulty Speedo
Hi there , just wondering if any of you know where my fault could be? My VDO speedo works fine up to 60kph after that it goes back to zero until my speed comes back down to 60kph then it springs back up to 60kph!!! Cheers John OKA 216

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jan 2019 14:45 #2 by Lang
Lang replied the topic: Faulty Speedo
Mine did that a while back. Sometimes it would be late for work and you would set off with no speedo and half an hour down the road it would spring into life. It also took a couple of smokos during the day.

I chased all the wiring but no go. When I was chasing other bad connections I ran a few extra earth leads from the dash lid to the body, from a couple of earth points on other switches and instruments to the body and a new earth direct from the battery to the body (not the chassis).

Voila! Everything is now trotting along merrily with no further problems.

Lang

More
17 Jan 2019 16:06 #3 by Outback Jack
Outback Jack replied the topic: Faulty Speedo
I would also check the sensor on the transfer case, if it is to far away it can have similar issues. There are tabs on the brake drum for memory. About 4 or maybe more.

More
18 Jan 2019 12:50 #4 by John and Marg
John and Marg replied the topic: Faulty Speedo
Ok guys ill check that out. thanks for your knowledge Cheers John.