Club reg

More
01 Feb 2020 17:13 #1 by Peter Davis
Peter Davis created the topic: Club reg
My 307 turns 25 this year making it eligible for club reg instead of the $1300 per year vehicle reg.
I believe it is about $80 which is quite a saving. Has anyone changed to Club reg and if so what club did they join.
Peter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Feb 2020 18:14 #2 by Peter and Sandra OKA 374
Peter and Sandra OKA 374 replied the topic: Club reg
We have to wait for thirty years in NSW and there are restrictions on how when and why you can drive the vehicle so may not suit some that travel a fair bit. I'm looking forward to getting free rego if I can be pensioner ;-))

OKA 374 LT Van, converted to camper/motorhome,
400ah Lithiums, 1100w solar, diesel cooking heating and HWS,
Cummins 6BT, Allison 6 speed auto, Nissan transfer.

More
09 Feb 2020 15:10 #3 by Peter_n_Margaret
Peter_n_Margaret replied the topic: Club reg
Club rego requires the vehicle to be substantially original. Not many original OKAs around?
No pensioner rates for rego in SA on vehicles over 4.5T GVM. :(
Cheers,
Peter

Cheers, Peter.
OKA196 tinyurl.com/OKA196xtMotorhome
Mob.0428171214

More
18 Feb 2020 16:11 #4 by Peter Davis
Peter Davis replied the topic: Club reg
It is about $150 in Victoria for 90 days of driving per year. Modifications need to have Engineers Certificates. Vehicle needs a RWC before going onto club reg and need to be a member of an approved club. A log book has to be filled in for each day driven and I believe WA now recognizes Club reg.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greg Boyle

More
20 Feb 2020 11:41 #5 by Tony Lee
Tony Lee replied the topic: Club reg
Didn't think free rego for pensioners covered heavy vehicles in NSW either

More
06 Jun 2020 18:49 #6 by OBOAT1
OBOAT1 replied the topic: Club reg
Apparantly the rules depend upon the constitution of that particular club in Victoria. Those with committees and insurance which requires a minimum attendance commitment for rallies etc. can be a hassle for us. Will keep you posted on alternatives.

More
07 Jun 2020 04:56 #7 by Peter and Sandra OKA 374
I had to renew my licence last week, when the woman was processing my paperwork she noted that I hadn't changed one of our vehicles over to free pensioner rego yet. She told me to go home and get the papers for the dearest one, the Oka and when I did she refunded the rego from my birthday until renewal. Yay! free licence and free rego on the Oka in NSW!

More
08 Jun 2020 09:05 #8 by mort
mort replied the topic: Club reg
Hi Peter,
Well that has to be better than club rego, I didnt know that pensioners got anything free.
Martyn
The following user(s) said Thank You: Holmz

More
08 Jun 2020 09:43 #9 by Peter and Sandra OKA 374
NSW we get one rego per OAP some other pensions as well, also licence is free plus NP entry is free with pensioner pass.

More
11 Jun 2020 17:42 #10 by Peter Davis
That's a good saving. I don't know if there is a similar entitlement in Victoria. I wouldn't qualify anyway.
In Vic there are literally 100s of potential clubs to join so one can convert to club reg. A lot aren't applicable. Surely someone has joined one or knows of one suitable for an Oka.

More
11 Jun 2020 20:43 #11 by Alister McBride
Alister McBride replied the topic: Club reg
Hi Peter, i had been wondering the same thing although i'm not ready to do it. Surely you could join a 4wd club? I know there is a club down here - South Gippsland 4wd Club - www.4wdvictoria.org.au/gippsland4wdclub/

or, you can search for one in Vic here - www.4wdvictoria.org.au/index.php/clubslist?region=3

There would be plenty of other types of clubs also...

More
12 Jun 2020 12:46 #12 by Harry
Harry replied the topic: Club reg
In NSW your partner or wife also can a ca vehicle registration and license for free if they are a pensioner so 2 cars can be free smiles all round cheers

Oka 045 the WIDE Motorhome 6bt cummins 500 watt solar diesel heating gas cooking up grade LSD front and rear diffs to 4:56 from 4:88 . 320 lt fuel 153 lt fresh water in 3 separate tanks 3 house batteries 1 start battery 176 lt upright fridge/freezer Black dog security

More
12 Jun 2020 16:53 #13 by Peter Davis
Sounds like a good deal in NSW. I'm not a pensioner and I don't think there is a similar scheme in Vic. In Vic VicRoads have a list of approved clubs.

More
28 Jun 2020 19:50 #14 by OBOAT1
OBOAT1 replied the topic: Club reg
The Naked Racer Club is open to OKA Club Registration. There is no requirement of funny joining initiations. Naked Racer stands for a motor bike with no fairing. There are no meetings or clubbing gatherings to attend. A road worthy is the entry requirement plus if necessary engineers certificate. They are in Cheltenham, Vic. and have a web site, cafe, bar, museum or display of motor bikes and are Indian bike agency. Hope this helps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter Davis, OKAPETE