FNQ

More
02 Nov 2012 22:22 #1 by dandjcr
dandjcr created the topic: FNQ
Forum Home > On the Road > FNQ

Outback Jack
My thoughts go out to all in FNQ.

I currently live in Weipa and in the process of moving to Cairns.

The floods down south caused a lot of pain for our business and Cyclone Yasi may be the nail in the coffin for our small business. We are a retail business and trying to get stock over the last month has been nearly non existent.

We are opening a new business in Cairns which is OKA related, so stock wont be a problem.

However with all this, it is nothing compared to what others down south have gone through over the last month and what others will go though over the next 3 or 4 days.

I hope all stay safe……

--

February 2, 2011 at 9:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hal Harvey
Site Owner
Tourism and retail are both precarious businesses to be in most of the time. I think there are a few Okas for sale right now that wouldn't be on the market if it wasn't for the last few months of horror weather. Good luck to all in FNQ tonight.
--
Hal

February 2, 2011 at 9:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

John & Laura Szkoruda
Yes our thoughts go with those in FNQ also, Yassi was BIG. We were living in Cairns when Larry hit which was bad enough but Yassi was a much bigger storm cell on the radar & has hit Tully , Cardwell & surrounding area's again.Though not as populated as Cairns & Townsville they are still play an important part in the tourism industry up there & many people have lost everything homes, clothes , crops etc......
To all in FNQ chin up guys we are thinking of you.
--
John & Laura Szkoruda OKA 147

February 8, 2011 at 3:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seamus and Cate
Hi

We're caretaking a holiday rental at Portland Roads - beautiful place.
What sort of OKA related business in Cairns?

Seamus
February 8, 2011 at 7:15 PM

David and Janet Ribbans - Oka 148
Oka148 profile here.
Visit our technical and travel blogs: here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.