2005 Perkins engine for sale. Low k's Ideal for Turbo upgrade!

• Paul Scherek
  • Paul Scherek's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
More
22 Jun 2016 11:50 - 22 Jun 2016 16:48 #1 by Paul Scherek
Paul Scherek created the topic: 2005 Perkins engine for sale. Low k's Ideal for Turbo upgrade!
I have decided to go to the Dark Side, not so much for extra power but for the smoothness that a six gives compared to the four.
This engine was built in 2005 and has only done about 60,000 k's. At my request Paul and Ian went over it before fitting, and put in new front and rear main seals, new sump, timing case and head gaskets, new lift pump, new water pump, new fuel stop valve, and a lot of injector pipes to make this engine as tough as possible. After the 4,000 k's I have done it is still bone dry - not a drop of oil.
The down side is that I think it vibrates more than my old engine, which was silky smooth. The old engine had done heaps of kilometres, and maybe had so little compression left that it was very smooth.
The engine is still in my Oka, so if anyone is interested they are welcome to have a drive and see if they notice the vibration. It should be an engine to last a lifetime of typical Oka use.
I am converting to cable gearshift so that I can fit a six cylinder Perkins, so will also have a fully overhauled XT gearshift mechanism available. As well as being overhauled, it has both mods that shorten travel and it worked very well.

Haven't thought of a price yet, but pretty cheap. I know there are plenty for sale, but this is low k's and low hours.
Last Edit: 22 Jun 2016 16:48 by Paul Scherek.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 210greg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jun 2016 17:47 - 25 Jun 2016 05:18 #2 by Lang
Lang replied the topic: 2005 Perkins engine for sale. Low k's Ideal for Turbo upgrade!
Paul

I am a firm starter for your old complete XT gearshift set-up. 200 has the worst gearshift of any vehicle I have driven despite chasing slack in every moving part.

Lang
Last Edit: 25 Jun 2016 05:18 by Lang.

More
23 Jun 2016 05:17 #3 by 210greg
210greg replied the topic: 2005 Perkins engine for sale. Low k's Ideal for Turbo upgrade!
Another to the DARK SIDE. Paul good luck with the conversion May be interested in your set up but am away for about a month.

• Paul Scherek
  • Away
More
23 Jun 2016 06:26 #4 by Paul Scherek
Paul Scherek replied the topic: 2005 Perkins engine for sale. Low k's Ideal for Turbo upgrade!
Thanks gents, I haven't made the cable conversion yet, but will do soon, hopefully in the next couple of weeks. Not as easy as it seems - there is very little room with the Perkins Six in there.

More
23 Jun 2016 06:55 #5 by Rick Whitworth
Rick Whitworth replied the topic: 2005 Perkins engine for sale. Low k's Ideal for Turbo upgrade!
Paul,
also very interested in how you go about your cable gearshift
Are you looking at the np205 as well?
cheers
Rick

• Paul Scherek
  • Away
More
23 Jun 2016 11:03 #6 by Paul Scherek
Paul Scherek replied the topic: 2005 Perkins engine for sale. Low k's Ideal for Turbo upgrade!
Yes Rick, doing both boxes. Will let you know how it goes and post a few pics. I am getting some parts laser cut - if anyone wants to duplicate what I do, I can send DXF files.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dean and Kaye Howells, Rick Whitworth