FOR SALE: Gearbox Housing to suit Cummins Conversion

More
26 Mar 2017 06:17 - 28 Mar 2017 09:32 #1 by Outback Jack
Outback Jack created the topic: FOR SALE: Gearbox Housing to suit Cummins Conversion
Still have one set to sell.

Its taking a lot of hard work, late night phones calls, chatting on internet to source these parts....... But job is done and if anyone wants to go down this path, I have done all the hard work and can help with this type of conversion.

I have a complete set up still sitting in the UK. Freight is around 300 dollars. I have a UK freight account, so can arrange freight.

This will allow you to bolt your Spicer directly to the Cummin`s 6BT with out adapters etc. Standard off the shelf clutch etc,. Clutch can be brought in Australia for around 650 dollars.

Parts include:

Gearbox Housing
2nd hand Slave Cylinder
Clutch Lever
Throw out bearing

Can also included SAE bellhousing and flywheel if required.

Also can get new Slave Cylinder if desired, Clutch lever etc

You will save at least 2000 dollars using this setup instead of any other option.

Message me with an offer.
Last Edit: 28 Mar 2017 09:32 by Outback Jack.
The topic has been locked.
More
27 Mar 2017 17:23 #2 by Supertramp
Supertramp replied the topic: FOR SALE: Gearbox Housing to suit Cummins Conversion
Hello there Jack
I am interested in your Cummins bell housing/clutch plate, slave cylinder etc. could you please get in contact with me PH 03 52940684, If I am not in, please leave a message I will get back top you asap.
More
27 Mar 2017 21:00 #3 by Outback Jack
Outback Jack replied the topic: FOR SALE: Gearbox Housing to suit Cummins Conversion
I may also be able to get Recoed 6bt`s , but would need to buy several at same time to make cover shipping costs. Engines come with VE Pump etc,you still would need A/C and brackets etc.
More
06 Apr 2017 21:39 #4 by Outback Jack
Outback Jack replied the topic: FOR SALE: Gearbox Housing to suit Cummins Conversion
If anyone wants to go down this path. I can supply the parts required to bolt things up.

I am willing to help out anyway I can and I am happy to share any knowledge I have......
More
15 Apr 2017 08:51 - 15 Apr 2017 16:41 #5 by outyonda
outyonda replied the topic: FOR SALE: Gearbox Housing to suit Cummins Conversion
Lobo
Can you post pitchers of the g/box trumpet housings
Specifically the inside & outside of the mount

The one I have is cracked around the mounts

Cheers Brett

OKAs 091, 093, 094, 113, 346x6 & 405
Last Edit: 15 Apr 2017 16:41 by outyonda.
More
15 Apr 2017 16:34 - 15 Apr 2017 16:38 #6 by outyonda
outyonda replied the topic: .

Last Edit: 15 Apr 2017 16:38 by outyonda.
More
15 Apr 2017 16:36 #7 by outyonda
outyonda replied the topic: .

More
15 Apr 2017 16:41 - 15 Apr 2017 17:04 #8 by Outback Jack
Cheers Brett,

I did you send pictures of that housing and explaining it didn't have the mounts. That the other option was to use the PTO covers, I also included pictures of this set up.

In regards to cracks etc etc, I didn't take much notice to be honest. I also let you have it a cheaper because of the lack of mounts.

However if you can send me pictures of the housing cut up for scrap, we can sort things out. I will get some pictures of the next housing for you.

I have several sets available and have sold several.

Cheers
OBJ
Last Edit: 15 Apr 2017 17:04 by Outback Jack.
More
18 Apr 2017 12:20 #9 by Dean and Kaye Howells
Dean and Kaye Howells replied the topic: FOR SALE: Gearbox Housing to suit Cummins Conversion
Well that's 'bad luck' Brett. Seems that cracked bell housings aren't just a problem with the Oka bellhousing then.

Here's one for sale that I gleaned from the internet.

Is yours cracked/repaired in the same place ?

A pity it wasn't noticed prior to despatch as it costs you time and Lobo freight cost and a lost sale.

I suppose you can chalk it up to 'our new importer on the block' getting his quality control systems in place ?

Deano :)
More
18 Apr 2017 13:46 - 18 Apr 2017 13:49 #10 by outyonda
outyonda replied the topic: FOR SALE: Gearbox Housing to suit Cummins Conversion
Thanks Deno

Looks like a common problem

The i pad won't upload my pics & NBN has crashed & burned yet again at home

Lobo this is something you need to check out before the housings leave the UK !!
No use in a OKA if cracked or welded !!
LT need mounts & XT don't
the one I got, mounts were BUTCHERED OFF with angle grinder & gouged groves in it
with new & old cracks

Last Edit: 18 Apr 2017 13:49 by outyonda.
More
18 Apr 2017 14:34 #11 by Outback Jack
I am not about to getting into a P.... match and if people want to slag me off because they support someone else, then say so.

Brett was told and got pictures of the housing. He was told it was rough and he was given it at below my cost.

As for the cracks etc, he is right. I think its still usable, but that is only my opinion. It is not usable if you want to use the original mounting tabs.

It is not cracked from use etc. The cracks are I think from when the mounts where cut off. I never noticed any cracks, I did notice that there was welding where they cut off the mounts etc.

I have offered Brett another housing, but I could've said no. He was emailed pictures of the housing and explained it did not have the mounting tags on it. In the end Brett will get a housing that is better than he paid for or was promised. I am yet to determine who will pay freight for 2nd one.

But at the emd of the day, I will stand by what I sell.

I have so far sold several sets and a few more orders to come. I am not going to name names etc. But everyone else is so far happy.

Brett has emailed me the pictures.

As I have mentioned, when I receive pictures of the current housing cut up into pieces, then I will arrange another.
More
05 May 2017 23:14 - 05 May 2017 23:17 #12 by outyonda
Lobo
any pictures yet ??

Last Edit: 05 May 2017 23:17 by outyonda.
More
07 May 2017 10:07 #13 by Outback Jack
Brett

Sent you an email a few weeks ago..Not with pictures, but asking what you need in regards to housings etc, as you stated you wanted a few.

If anyone else is interested. PM me with what you need etc, pictures can be provided if required
More
07 May 2017 16:56 #14 by dandj
dandj replied the topic: FOR SALE: Gearbox Housing to suit Cummins Conversion
Photos posted on behalf of Brett
David

More
07 May 2017 23:14 #15 by dandjcr
dandjcr replied the topic: FOR SALE: Gearbox Housing to suit Cummins Conversion
Outback Jack, sorry but I've hidden your last reply as being too personal.

If you, or any other website members have a problem with another person, please take it up with them person to person, not in an open forum.

I won't take sides in any argument, or permit any post which appears to breach the Terms of Use.

Please read the Terms of Use for this site, section 4

David

David and Janet Ribbans - Oka 148
Oka148 profile here.
Visit our technical and travel blogs: here.
More
08 May 2017 05:58 #16 by dandjcr
I won't be drawn into further discussion on a topic to which I am not a party.

I'll post your (or anyone's) photos as well if you wish, as long as they comply with the spirit and rules of this site.

Please resolve your issues privately before posting any more comments.

David

Oka148 profile here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dean and Kaye Howells, outyonda, Rick Whitworth, catdav, 210greg
More
08 May 2017 07:09 #17 by Outback Jack
By deleting my posts and not allowing me to defend myself, this is taking sides and becoming a party to one side.

These pictures posted are aimed at me personally. I agree it should be resolved offline, this is what I am trying to do.
More
09 May 2017 21:55 #18 by dandjcr
In fairness to all and to avoid further contentious discussion, I have hidden all follow up messages and this thread is now locked.

I would remind all members of the need to maintain decorum when using this website.

David

Oka148 profile here.