200L and 130L fuel and water tanks FOR SALE.

More
05 Dec 2021 10:37 - 05 Dec 2021 10:42 #1 by Peter_n_Margaret
Peter_n_Margaret created the topic: 200L and 130L fuel and water tanks FOR SALE.
As part of my quest for weight reduction for the new build, I now have large capacity, tough, light weight, seamless, rotomoulded polyethylene tanks for both fuel and water designed specifically for OKAs. I have had to order a minimum batch of each, so have some to share.

130L tank.
Designed to replace the 80L and 100L OEM stainless steel tanks that were installed inboard of the LH chassis rail. Intended for water, but also suitable for fuel.
Fits standard XTs and LTs although there may be some variants not checked yet. They are deliberately a tight fit to maximise capacity. I needed to move the tail shaft safety loop about 12mm on mine, but that would also depend on the mountings used.
Capacity is 130L. Moulding weight is 15kg (plus mounting hardware). Wall thickness is about 8-9mm.
I fitted a thinner wall prototype to #196 before our recent trip to the Coburg Peninsula. It performed faultlessly.

200L tank.
Replaces the 105L OEM fuel tanks. They tuck under the chassis rail and also use the space normally occupied by the crank battery. I will be changing to a lithium crank battery in #077 and fitting it behind the driver’s seat. They can be fitted to both left and right sides.
So far they fit both XT and LTs, including those with extended chassis. Depending on mounting hardware used, RH fitting may require moving the muffler a little.
Capacity is 200L. Moulding weight is 30kg (plus mounting hardware). Wall thickness is about 11-12mm.

These tanks are TOUGH. No additional stone protection is required.
I will fit spin welded threaded fittings (including a drain plug) to each tank in accordance with individual requirements.
Fitting, fuel gauges etc, and mounting hardware will be the responsibility of buyers.
Price is $650 each plus freight if required.
Call me on 0428 171 214 to discuss. If you are in Adelaide you are welcome to come and kick one around the shed.
Cheers,
Peter

Cheers, Peter.
OKA196 tinyurl.com/OKA196xtMotorhome
Mob.0428171214
Last Edit: 05 Dec 2021 10:42 by Peter_n_Margaret.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Dec 2021 16:27 #2 by Holmz
Holmz replied the topic: 200L and 130L fuel and water tanks FOR SALE.
Are the tanks baffled?
(And/or does it matter?)

More
22 Dec 2021 17:02 #3 by Peter_n_Margaret
Peter_n_Margaret replied the topic: 200L and 130L fuel and water tanks FOR SALE.
They are not baffled, although it is readily possible via cutting and hot air welding.

Personally I don't believe they need to be. Baffles are mostly to stop a surge from damaging the tank and these are VERY tough.
From a vehicle perspective, the maximum surge is half the weight of the contents moving half the length (or width) of the tank. That is equvalent to one big bloke taking one step while travelling in a bus. I don't reckon anyone would notice.
Cheers,
Peter

Cheers, Peter.
Mob.0428171214
The following user(s) said Thank You: Holmz

More
26 Dec 2021 10:17 #4 by Holmz
Holmz replied the topic: 200L and 130L fuel and water tanks FOR SALE.

Peter_n_Margaret wrote: They are not baffled, although it is readily possible via cutting and hot air welding.

Personally I don't believe they need to be. Baffles are mostly to stop a surge from damaging the tank and these are VERY tough.
From a vehicle perspective, the maximum surge is half the weight of the contents moving half the length (or width) of the tank. That is equvalent to one big bloke taking one step while travelling in a bus. I don't reckon anyone would notice.
Cheers,
Peter

Thanks.
I see people making a fuss about it, but I assume it would be more left over lore from some light karts or race cars, milk trucks, or something others than the fuel tanks on bigger trucks.

More
19 Jan 2022 18:16 - 19 Jan 2022 19:22 #5 by Peter_n_Margaret
Peter_n_Margaret replied the topic: 200L and 130L fuel and water tanks FOR SALE.
Fitting update.
Mounting hardware in undercoat white (so you can see the details) for 200L plus inboard 130L on LHS.
The mounts for the 200L tank are based on the original OKA method with an extra attachment bolt each end (they are holding double the volume) and the straps over the top moved closer together.

Tanks in position (2 mid straps for the 200L and the rear strap for the 130L tanks are missing).

Note that there is good clearance for the 130L tank now. Much better than my first attempt on #196.
There are now 6 other 200L tanks and 1 other 130L tank in various stages of fitting, Maybe those owners will show us how they did it?
Questions welcome. 0428171214.
Cheers,
Peter

Cheers, Peter.
Mob.0428171214
Last Edit: 19 Jan 2022 19:22 by Peter_n_Margaret.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Scherek, 210greg