444 Series Rocker switches

More
02 Nov 2012 17:44 #1 by dandjcr
dandjcr created the topic: 444 Series Rocker switches
The ebay item id given is invalid, no result has been sentForum Home > On the Road > 444 Series Rocker switches

Terry Mclaaren

Can anyone tell me where I can buy 444 series rocker switches with the decals on the actuators, or even what brand they are. I am chasing several switches with different decals but cant find a local supplier. There are many diffent types out there but im after the 444 series to mount in the cutouts on the Oka dash.
Cheers Terry
OKA 407
--
January 16, 2012 at 12:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hal Harvey
Site Owner
Terry, this forum thread deviated into some discussion on rocker switches if it helps.
--
Hal

January 16, 2012 at 12:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Moose2367
The switches in that thread are called Carling switches, same as ARB use for the air locker and compressor switch. Usually about $20-25 each.

stores.ebay.com.au/4x4offroadclinic
January 16, 2012 at 6:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hal Harvey
Site Owner
>> The switches in that thread are called Carling switches <<

Not quite as simple as that unfortunately Moose; from Carling's website: "Full-sized rocker switches have a mounting hole length of 1.450" (36.83mm) or greater. The most standard full-sized rocker switch mounting hole dimension is .830" x 1.45" (21.08mm x 36.83mm). Full-sized rocker switches with this dimension include V-Series Contura II & III, V-Series Contura IV & V, V-Series Contura X & XI, V-Series Contura XII, J-Series, TIL, TIG, TIH, TII-Series, LS-Series, LTIL-Series, LTIG-Series, and LTIH-Series.
The L-Series rocker switch is also full-sized with a mounting dimension of .867" x 1.734" (22mm x 44mm)."

Whether you get Carling or a copy, what you need is the 22mm x 44mm size for the OKA dash. I looked at four of the switches on the eBay link you provided, and three were the wrong size; the fourth didn't have a size on it.
--
Hal

January 16, 2012 at 6:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hal Harvey
Site Owner
This appears to be the Australian distributor Terry; and in the 22mm x 44mm size you have the choice of 444 series as we already have, or perhaps you'd like the swoopier 777 series.

www.ionnic.com/electrical/switches/rocker/444-777-series.html
--
Hal

January 16, 2012 at 7:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Terry Mclaaren
Cheers guy's, I also found another company Vanline Distributors in NSW that can supply them.
Regards Terry
--
January 17, 2012 at 7:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

OKA in Africa
I assume I found the original switch manufacturer - HELLA.
Please have a look at the Hella rocker switch series 4570. Brochure can be downloaded in english language from www.hella-russia.ru/pdf/Brochure_SwitchShop_Switch_221107.pdf
I found the switches online at Ebay Germany
The different symbols are availabe via www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_pppn=v3&_kw=Hell...e&_dmpt=DE_Autoteile
I just purchased some switches on www.dringenberg-shop.de/Wippschalter
I still have to see if the switches will fit - but I am confident.
--
OKA 327 in Africa

photo album

February 26, 2012 at 12:12 PM

David and Janet Ribbans - Oka 148
Oka148 profile here.
Visit our technical and travel blogs: here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.