Plastic door panels

More
02 Nov 2012 21:35 #1 by dandjcr
dandjcr created the topic: Plastic door panels
Forum Home > On the Road > Plastic door panels

Peter 334
As we are doing the whole vehicle up, new stuff as much as possible, we are looking at replacing the door panels. Can any one tell us where we can get new ones, driver's door panel has been repaired so many times, cracked and bits missing they look pretty ugly! thanks peter
July 24, 2011 at 1:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

justin & pam
yes the panels are available from the factory. I have been doing some resto work on ours over the last month and Alan from parts is very very helpful. He has door trims in stock. Thanks Justin.
July 24, 2011 at 1:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

justin & pam
That's the oka factory I should have noted.
July 24, 2011 at 1:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

joseph baz
Peter,Paul Nott was going to get the same panels out of fibreglass,I don't know how far he progress with it but may be worth giving him a call.
Cheers,Joe
July 24, 2011 at 3:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

wessa #400
joseph baz at July 24, 2011 at 3:29 PM
Peter,Paul Nott was going to get the same panels out of fibreglass,I don't know how far he progress with it but may be worth giving him a call.
Cheers,Joe
Hi, Paul Nott has got them in black fibreglass. I just replaced front two doors, very pleased with them. They seem a lot heavier then the plastic ones that were on it.
--
July 24, 2011 at 5:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

joseph baz
Hi Wessa,are the fibreglass panels finished with a vacumm vinyl or just off the mould?
Cheers,Joe
July 24, 2011 at 6:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

wessa #400
Hi Joe, I couldn't say. They have a very good high gloss black finish, very similar texture to the originals. They seem a lot stronger than the ones that were on it and hopefully they won't crack up as much. I'm pleased with them and will be replacing the bus door with the same soon.
--
July 24, 2011 at 8:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cando
Posts: 199 Wessa we need new cards too , can you tell us the cost?
--
Happy trails

Cando and Bron XLT 112

July 25, 2011 at 9:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Peter 334
Thanks for all your info, plan to call Paul this week and find out what he has at his place and hopfully go down and see . thanks peter
July 26, 2011 at 6:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

wessa #400
Hi Cando,
Just been talking to Paul, current price is around $150 + for front doors and $100+ for bus door. Hope this helps.
Cheers
--
July 27, 2011 at 11:33 AM

David and Janet Ribbans - Oka 148
Oka148 profile here.
Visit our technical and travel blogs: here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.