More
03 Nov 2012 07:12 #1 by dandjcr
dandjcr created the topic: Canning Stock Route Trip - OKA/s required
Forum Home > On the Road > Canning Stock Route Trip - OKA/s required

OKA4WD.com
Administrator
From Lloyd Hoskin:

Hi All,
We (Lloyd, Helen & our dog Jackie) along with our beloved OKA 145 XT twin cab with slide on camper will be again travelling the Canning Stock Route heading north from Wiluna from about 17th April - 7th May 2010 (yes it's not far away) and were wondering if any well maintained Oka's were interested in coming along. The plan will be to travel and camp within cooee of each other but not live in each others pockets and of course be there to provide assistance to each other if required. If this sounds appealing either post a reply or give Lloyd a call m. 0412 922302. Cheers L&H.
March 29, 2010 at 1:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

OKA4WD.com
Administrator
From Peter Wright:

Ask Susi & Reudi (NT001) guys.
I think they are heading to the Kimberley after the WA Rally.
Cheers,
Peter
March 29, 2010 at 1:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

OKA4WD.com
Administrator
From Ewart Halford:

I will be doing the same trip in mid july with 2 other vehicle's (not Oka's) so i will be keen to hear about your trip and conditions.
Ewart
March 29, 2010 at 1:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

OKA4WD.com
Administrator
From Paul & Sue Crompton:

Hi All
We are working towards doing the route from north to south in July. There are about half a dozen vehicles at this stage but only one Oka. All the vehicles are trucks except for one normal sized 4WD. We are hoping to finalise the dates by about 22 March and planning to take about 3 weeks to do the Canning, hoping not to rush. Any tips you may have would be more than welcomed.
We are finally replacing the old 900x16s with new tyres for the trip as this seems to be an issue for Oka owners. Hope you all have a great time. It would be nice to bump into another Oka on the route, but not literally.
Cheers for now
Paul & Sue Crompton
Oka No. 168
07 3289 9180 (Brisbane)
March 29, 2010 at 1:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

OKA4WD.com
Administrator
From Dean & Kaye Howells:
Kaye and I plan to leave Wiluna exactly one month later on the 17th May in OKA 413, accompanied by two other vehicles. Once we get to Halls Creek we'll probably have a bit of a poke about in the Kimberley or over to Ningaloo, haven't decided yet. May catch you along the way ?
Dean & Kaye Howells
April 11, 2010 at 10:54 PM

David and Janet Ribbans - Oka 148
Oka148 profile here.
Visit our technical and travel blogs: here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.