More
01 Nov 2012 12:43 #1 by dandjcr
dandjcr created the topic: Leaking boost control on top of injector pump
Forum Home > OKA Maintenance > Leaking boost control on top of injector pump

OKA4WD.com
Administrator
From Seamus:

Hi
I have a leak in the vacuum boost control that sits on top of the injector pump. It just drips diesel when the engine is running.
I've been told that this means there probably is something wrong with the injector pump as well as the boost control diaphragm as diesel should not actually be getting into the boost control itself.
Has anyone else had this problem?
Any clues - I really don't want it to be an injector problem as I think that probably big dollars to fix.
I've got an LT
Seamus
March 29, 2010 at 2:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

OKA4WD.com
Administrator
From David Ribbans:

Seamus, it's possible to fix the top section of the injector pump, I've done it myself.
My problem was a leaking throttle shaft seal, which I replaced, but overhauling other parts of the top of the pump requires much the same dismantling.
You don't need to remove the pump from the engine, you can do it from the top but it's not that easy or comfortable.
See my write up here dandjribbans.blogspot.com/2008/12/replac...haft-seal-on-ve.html and there are links to many other Bosch VE pump resources on this blog too. You should be able to pinpoint the problem area from these articles and pictures.
Bosch can supply an overhaul kit which I got through Robin Wade.
David
March 29, 2010 at 2:07 AM

David and Janet Ribbans - Oka 148
Oka148 profile here.
Visit our technical and travel blogs: here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.