Seat types

More
02 Nov 2012 22:18 #1 by dandjcr
dandjcr created the topic: Seat types
Forum Home > On the Road > Seat types

Cando
g'day all, Can anyone tell us of any good quality addjustable driver adn passanger seats that have been fitted to OKA cabs. We have the old original XT seats but the base doesnt fit the LT cab. Might as well make good seats fit rather then the old ones.
also
is there any difference in wiring wuality between the XT and the LT as we now have both to choose from?
cheers

--
Happy trails

Cando and Bron XLT 112

March 26, 2011 at 10:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

James & Usha (THEByleDuct)
Administrator
I have Stratos XT LTSS in the front of 072. Very comfortable and Tim has done a great job attaching the arm rests as well.
--
OKA #072

March 26, 2011 at 11:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ewart & Vivian Halford
I have Stratos compact 3000 with inside arm rest and pneumatic lumber. Yes they are comfortable, I cut 4 peaces of flat bar to bolt the new seat to the old frame as new rails are slightly wider.

Ewart
March 27, 2011 at 11:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

peter mills
Cando at March 26, 2011 at 10:35 PM
g'day all, Can anyone tell us of any good quality addjustable driver adn passanger seats that have been fitted to OKA cabs. We have the old original XT seats but the base doesnt fit the LT cab. Might as well make good seats fit rather then the old ones.
also
is there any difference in wiring wuality between the XT and the LT as we now have both to choose from?
cheers

I have fitted 2x air ride seats to my vehicle purchased from ARB they have lumber support and arm rest, we used the old undercarage from seats and the new ones bolted straight on, you have to watch out for the sliding mechinisem as the seat will not slide back far enough if you have long legs like myself very comfortable instead of the old back breaking seats . the seats cost around $4000 for the pair a lot of money but well worth it in the long run.
March 27, 2011 at 12:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cando
thanks everyone,
I have just looked at the Stratus 3000LTSS, will order a set today.
thanks again ,goes to show how much help this site and the genuine people are.

--
Happy trails

Cando and Bron XLT 112

March 28, 2011 at 2:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cando
James
you mentioned Tim had 'made the arm rests 'fit' does this mean they dont fit as standard? I just tried to call Tim as hes mentioned as a dealer but his no is out of service.
--
Happy trails

Cando and Bron XLT 112

March 28, 2011 at 2:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cando
Just got an email stating the armrests will NOT fit an OKA.
James id like to see some pics of your fitted armrests if possible?
they said the factory actually made/supplied the original OKA seats.
--
Happy trails

Cando and Bron XLT 112

March 28, 2011 at 2:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ewart & Vivian Halford
Cando, I got stratos arm rests, in side of seats only, they fit fine though the right hand side arm rest may foul. My engine cover is narrower than an XT this may not let you raise the engine cover.
Ewart
March 28, 2011 at 4:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Administrator
Cando, Tim mounted the inside arm rest onto the engine cover but the outside is too narrow for them. I haven't found this a problem as there is already an armrest moulded into the door. Photo's below:

Driver down, passenger up.

Attached to engine cover

No room on outside for armrest - can see lumber support pump
--
OKA #072

March 28, 2011 at 4:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cando
cheers Ewart and James .
James did you get the hydraulic winch with tims truck

--
Happy trails

Cando and Bron XLT 112

March 28, 2011 at 10:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Administrator
Yes I did Cando. The 12,000 lb winch, PTO & a lift cylinder. Also all hoses etc as well.
--
OKA #072

March 28, 2011 at 11:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cando
great, sounds like its a good truck from the talks i had with Tim. even had lights that followed the road
--
Happy trails

Cando and Bron XLT 112

March 28, 2011 at 11:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Administrator
Yes ... those lights ... I've had to temporarily remove them whilst iLean goes over the pits as WA only allows 6 forward facing lights. With 4 spotties on the roof and the two high/low that means 6 already. Once she has passed the pits I'll attach a device to lower and raise the roof spotties so they are out of sight. Then I can reattach the steering spotlights.
--
OKA #072

March 29, 2011 at 12:17 AM

David and Janet Ribbans - Oka 148
Oka148 profile here.
Visit our technical and travel blogs: here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.