Valuation

More
02 Nov 2012 22:18 #1 by dandjcr
dandjcr created the topic: Valuation
Forum Home > On the Road > Valuation

Cando
Hi all ,
The Redbook 2011 document in the Documents page (click) is the current list for insurance payouts. If you should need to claim on your OKA this is what will be paid out unless you have additional cover for agreed value. So I'm told.
Oh well, I guess I drive slow and keep it locked at all times. Or leave the dog inside.
--
Happy trails

Cando and Bron XLT 112

March 22, 2011 at 7:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

wessa #400
Hi Cando,
Interested in your valuation piece, I had a bit to say on this topic under #120 for sale. Something needs to be sorted out about the valuation of these vehicles, either a database of sale prices or some solid info from the likes of Robin and Paul about what they sell for. It's no good insuring them for what we think they are worth and paying the premium only to find out that the insurance companies will use an unrealistic market value (their's) if there is a claim.
--
March 22, 2011 at 8:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cando
I agree Wessa, no point paying for something you can't use.

--
Happy trails

Cando and Bron XLT 112

March 23, 2011 at 7:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

wessa #400
Hi,
It's not so much paying for what you can't use as not being able to insure for what we OKA owners know they are worth. No one is willing to come up with a decent valuation for them. I have emailed Robin and given him a description of my vehicle to see if he could give me an indication of value............ No response!!!!

If we can't prove our estimate we are left with their's.

--
March 23, 2011 at 8:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

okadoc
Hi all, the rule of thumb is 50% of new price adjusted up or down on the age and condition; plus add ons, passes my simple test. Another red please, regards Doc and Lyn
March 23, 2011 at 9:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dandj
Wessa, I got a very professional written valuation from Robin last year which enabled me to increase my Oka insurance to a more realistic value. Try calling him, he's often busy and might not see your email, or maybe he needs more detail.
--
David and Janet Ribbans, Oka 148

March 23, 2011 at 11:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Peter_n_Margaret
As thee saying goes..."OKAs ain't OKAs".
I get a written valuation every couple of years for our insurance.
OKA196 is currently insured for $150,000, but is NOT for sale at that price (or any other).
--
Cheers Peter, OKA196 Motorhome. www.oka4wd.com/xt196.htm

March 24, 2011 at 7:24 AM

David and Janet Ribbans - Oka 148
Oka148 profile here.
Visit our technical and travel blogs: here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.