Blower fan

More
31 Oct 2012 19:53 #1 by dandjcr
dandjcr created the topic: Blower fan
Forum Home > OKA Maintenance > Blower fan

Terry Mclaaren
Im trying to wire up the front blower fan on my LT, the heater control panelshow as 4 speed but fan is only 3 speed, I have 4 wires pink with 2 connection pins (power), yellow (low), red (med), orange with 2 connection pins. (high) and have two connection points on the back of fan switch one 5 pin one 3 pin but cant work out which wires go to which pins .
Can anyone advise which wires go on which pins.
Thanks Terry
Oka407
--
March 29, 2012 at 7:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Peter & Sandra James Oka 374
They are only a 3 speed fan, the HVAC control panel came from a vehicle that had 4 sppeds but the fan is only three.
can't help with the wiring as my switch was burnt beyond redemption so I cut the wiring back and fitted new end bits , did it wire for wire so I didn't muck it up.
Had a quick squiz at the wiring diagram and the only wire that has a colour code is the incoming power tagged as pink/black. Really all you can do is connect a multimeter to the switch terminals and see which ones cross connect at each position.
--
Oka 374 LT Van

March 29, 2012 at 8:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Terry Mclaaren
Thanks Peter,sounds like I may have to invest in a multimeter next pay day. Just a correction on my original post the back of fan switch has a 5 pin and a 2 pin connector not a 5 & 3 as originally posted if anyone is able to advise what goes where.
Locking caps sound like the go Peter, will look at getting a set myself sometime in the future.
Cheers Terry
OKA 407
--
March 31, 2012 at 8:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Terry you are talking about the slide switch for the front fan, not the rotary one for the rear fans aren't you? I have one of the rotary switches in the cupboard and can put a multimeter on it if required.
On 374 the front switch just plugs into connectors in the main wiring harness you can't mix them up as the plugs are different.
--
Oka 374 LT Van

March 31, 2012 at 11:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Terry Mclaaren
Its the slide switch Peter. I know some used a 3 speed slide with steel face cover and others a 4 speed slide with plastic cover, mine is the 4 with plastic cover. Unfortunatley when I purchashed the vehicle it never worked and none of the wires have the original plugs or where connected to anything, I have been wanting to get it all going for some time but only getting araound to it now. Thanks for the offer to check rear switch Peter but yep its the slide one.
Cheers Terry
OKA 407 Oka's
--
March 31, 2012 at 1:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

If I get to fiddle with a few things in the dash tomorrow I'll try and have a look as mine is the plastic surround too, unfortunately the whole assembly is a PITA to remove.
--
Oka 374 LT Van

March 31, 2012 at 6:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Terry Mclaaren
Hi Peter
Rather then take unit out, just a thought if you could place a small inspection mirror behind the connectors and take a photo, i could hopefully make my wire match ( providing they are same colour ).
Cheers Terry
--
April 1, 2012 at 2:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Terry
I've taken a pic, very tight behind mine and no I wasn't going to pull it out ;-)) Have you got an email address to send it to? PM me prob best.
Looking at the connector from the rear from top left (Drivers side) to right the wires are yellow, brown, black and green.
from bottom left to right Red, red, light blue and on mine there is nothing in the 4th slot on the bottom right. The LHS pair (yellow-top & red-bottom are sort of seperate to the rest.
--
Oka 374 LT Van

April 1, 2012 at 4:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Terry Mclaaren
Cheers Peter,I will send you PM with my e-mail address.
Thnaks Terry
OKA407
--
April 2, 2012 at 7:27 AM

David and Janet Ribbans - Oka 148
Oka148 profile here.
Visit our technical and travel blogs: here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.