Western Oka Gathering Easter 2013 (end of March)

• Richard and Beverly House
  • Richard and Beverly House's Avatar Topic Author
More
02 Nov 2012 11:38 - 04 Nov 2012 02:25 #1 by Richard and Beverly House
Richard and Beverly House created the topic: Western Oka Gathering Easter 2013 (end of March)
An OKA gathering in WA - Here is some food for thought!

I have access to a good spot for a gathering in Spring On the shore of Mongers Lake near Latham. Lake Springs is a privately owned bush block, part of a friend's farm, great for wildflowers and wildlife including mallee fowl nests. Ideal camping, great photography!

Richard and Beverly House Oka 080
Attachments:
Last Edit: 04 Nov 2012 02:25 by Hal Harvey.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Nov 2012 17:01 #2 by Hank Onthewater
Hank Onthewater replied the topic: Western Oka Gathering Easter 2013 (end of March)
Well, an East Coast gathering is a good idea.

But what about to balance things a bit, a gathering on the West Coast as well, ie somewhere in the SW? March? Hehe, if timed properly the East Coast party can attend that one as well! and visa versa. Happy to assist or organise.

Hank

More
04 Nov 2012 02:21 #3 by Chris James
Chris James replied the topic: Western Oka Gathering Easter 2013 (end of March)
A west coast gathering sounds good. You can count us in. Never having been to a gathering and meeting so few OKAs in our travels, we are keen. Chris & Shirley. #96

Chris & Shirley 096

More
04 Nov 2012 02:26 #4 by Outback Jack
Outback Jack replied the topic: Western Oka Gathering Easter 2013 (end of March)
I still think an Alice Springs meet up would best, both the east and west can meet then.

All fair as it's a meeting in the middle!

More
04 Nov 2012 02:32 #5 by Stephen Knowles
Stephen Knowles replied the topic: Western Oka Gathering Easter 2013 (end of March)
Denise & myself would love to attend, but we are committed from the 22nd of Febuary to the 16th of March due to a club run I am organising. Look forward to more info -- Stephen

Stephen & Denise 391

More
04 Nov 2012 02:44 #6 by Greg 210 and Dean 366
Greg 210 and Dean 366 replied the topic: Western Oka Gathering Easter 2013 (end of March)
Jack I don't think Alice could handle the presure of so many OKAs.

More
04 Nov 2012 02:50 #7 by Craig Bowey
Craig Bowey replied the topic: Western Oka Gathering Easter 2013 (end of March)
Add me to the list, looks like I had better get a few more items done on the "to do" list,

Is attending a gathering East and a gathering West getting greedy?

Central would be handy

More
04 Nov 2012 02:54 #8 by Frank
Frank replied the topic: Western Oka Gathering Easter 2013 (end of March)
I would like to count us in, hopefully... long list of still to do. School holidays would suit us, unless location is close to Perth.

We can potentially organise a location if required (200 acre old farm, surrounded by bush reserve. No neighbours, minimal facilities, could probably organise a toilet, 50km to coast, halfway between Albany - Esperance).

Frank & Christine Thomas

More
04 Nov 2012 03:04 #9 by mort
mort replied the topic: Western Oka Gathering Easter 2013 (end of March)
Hi Hank,

Hilda and myself would be interested in meeting everyone. I purchased 323 a few months ago, still need to get W.A. rego but should be ok by then I hope.

More
04 Nov 2012 03:23 - 04 Nov 2012 03:23 #10 by outyonda
outyonda replied the topic: Western Oka Gathering Easter 2013 (end of March)
Hank I would be interested at the end of March. We could hold it at Harrismith, half way to Perth & Albany. Have got the facilities & plenty of room. Three OKAs will be here & hopefully 346 will be back from plan A of its rebuild.

Cheers

Brett

OKAs 091, 093, 094, 113, 346x6 & 405
Last Edit: 04 Nov 2012 03:23 by outyonda.

More
04 Nov 2012 03:25 #11 by Hank Onthewater
Hank Onthewater replied the topic: Western Oka Gathering Easter 2013 (end of March)
Just counted: with three Oka-s from Outyonda and possibly two more from Albany not on this forum, I can count already 12 Oka owners that may be interested. By the way, how does one write the plural: Oka-s? Oka's? OKAs?

Please keep logging your interest, and suggestions!

Hank

More
04 Nov 2012 03:30 #12 by Chris
Chris replied the topic: Western Oka Gathering Easter 2013 (end of March)
I could be in, most times would suit, just need a bit of notice when and where. As long as I get my unit back in running trim.

Cheers

Chris

More
04 Nov 2012 03:50 #13 by Hal Harvey
Hal Harvey replied the topic: Western Oka Gathering Easter 2013 (end of March)
Hank, OKAs would be it!

Re dates: Frank would like school holidays; Brett would like end of March; Stephen would like after mid March... Easter and school holidays are separated in 2013, and Easter is at the end of March (Good Friday is the 29th). The Harveys (us/we) will be going to the Hyden 400 over Easter, but won't be committed to staying there the whole time (no, we're not competing!) so if whoever organises this wants to make it during Easter, we'll probably still get there.

School holidays begin April 20th in WA. We'll be heading to Kalbarri and Lucky Bay.

Principal advisor to the Minister for Tourism, Liza Harvey MLA
... OKA 260 ... "I'm not leaving any sooner than I have to!"
www.byles.net/OLDportal/members-vehicles-public/5-oka-260

More
04 Nov 2012 08:04 - 04 Nov 2012 11:54 #14 by Hank Onthewater
OK, I have migrated from the old to this new site. I have put all the interested parties in a spreadsheet

Proposed OKA WA gathering
oka #name #1name #2total attendingplace of departurepreferred locationpreferred timecomments
080Richard & Bev House2Perth or HydenHyden if EasterCan offer Lake Springs
091, 093, 094Brett Arundeloutyonda.comHarrismith, WAend of MarchOffering Harrismith
096Chris JamesChris & Shirley2
164FrankFrank & Christine Thomas2PerthSchool holidaysCan offer south coast farm
207Craig BoweyAdelaide
236Mick BourkeAlbanyMaybe, if not on the road elsewhere
260Hal HarveyHal, Liza and kids 11 & 124Perth or HydenHyden or south coastSchool holidays in Kalbarri
304ToniNot on forum yet2AlbanyStill fitting out
313ChrisNeeds some notice
323mortMartyn and Hilda2Perth
391Stephen KnowlesStephen & Denise2PerthNot 22/02 to 16/03
428Hank OnthewaterHank Rosendal1Albany

My thoughts are to keep collecting ideas and people for 2 more weeks and then find a date and place.

Hank
Last Edit: 04 Nov 2012 11:54 by Hal Harvey.

• Richard and Beverly House
  • Richard and Beverly House's Avatar Topic Author
More
04 Nov 2012 10:18 #15 by Richard and Beverly House
Richard and Beverly House replied the topic: Western Oka Gathering Easter 2013 (end of March)
Hi Hal,
How many Oka's makes a gathering? We will be at the Hyden 400 as pit crew for car 532. Maybe a few more Okas would like to join us and enjoy the racing!

Richard and Beverly House Oka 080
Attachments:

More
04 Nov 2012 12:52 #16 by Hal Harvey
Hal Harvey replied the topic: Western Oka Gathering Easter 2013 (end of March)
How about that. OK, we will certainly be having at least a mini-gathering at Hyden at Easter. We're going there to finally take up a 'ride in a race car' thing that I bought at a fundraiser about three years ago, for a car owned by Tanya & Ian French. They sold the car before I got in it, and since then they have been trying to get me into somebody else's car but we've always been ... somewhere else. Ian is good mates with Brian Robinson (the buggy below) and I've known Brian since teenage years - but I don't know that I want to go in that thing. Could be more excitement than I could handle.

You can see by the photos that Hyden has a lot of dust to offer at the end of summer. And Wave Rock. Possibly not much else if you're not into motor racing. Some flies. I may not be doing it justice; I've only been there once, fleetingly, to see the wave.

As Hank says, keep on adding to this thread, and we can keep on updating the spreadsheet for a couple of weeks. We might even end up with a couple of gatherings.

Principal advisor to the Minister for Tourism, Liza Harvey MLA
... OKA 260 ... "I'm not leaving any sooner than I have to!"
www.byles.net/OLDportal/members-vehicles-public/5-oka-260
Attachments:

More
08 Nov 2012 06:09 #17 by Hank Onthewater
The count still stands at 14 OKAs being interested, timing seems to be autumn still, ie mid March to end of April, and locations from Latham to Albany/Esperance area with the largest concentrations of OKAs in Albany (3), Harrissmith (4 or 5?), Perth (6) and some from interstate. A mini gathering (with at least 2 OKAs) is happening at Hyden. Any further suggestions are welcome.
Hank

More
08 Nov 2012 20:30 #18 by Garry and Chris
Garry and Chris replied the topic: Western Oka Gathering Easter 2013 (end of March)
We don't care where If we are still in WA we'll make it. It's taken us 7 months to trava\el from B'bane to Carnarvon Via a few deserts No plans just moving slowly
Garry and Chris

OKA 306

More
08 Nov 2012 20:45 #19 by James and Usha
James and Usha replied the topic: Western Oka Gathering Easter 2013 (end of March)
We'd be up for a get together if it was in school holidays in April. That would be OKA 072, James & Usha and three klingons. We are planning another trip out from Karratha around then anyhow and it is either head north or south.

More
08 Nov 2012 22:55 #20 by Jo and Al
Jo and Al replied the topic: Western Oka Gathering Easter 2013 (end of March)
Hello
Please add us to the spreadsheet. Anywhere down South sounds good,
We are fairly flexible with dates. A definite date will help with
other travel arrangements.
Thanks Jo & Al

Big Al & S'Jo
OKA 159