Springs

More
27 May 2019 17:20 #21 by mort
mort replied the topic: Springs
That build looks a bit safer for the wilds of Africa.
I wouldn't have thought that there would be any trouble getting the bushes from any good suspension/spring place as they are a common part but if you want to increase the size of the pin from 16 mm to say 20, 22, or 25 mm then you will need different bushes and I would suggest nolathane or neoprene and I would think they would be easy to have made up.
check if your hole in the hanger is worn and if so then you will need to either weld and redrill or go for larger pins and drill to pin size.
spring eye size is 32 mm.
Martyn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 May 2019 18:59 #22 by Joseph Baz
Joseph Baz replied the topic: Springs
All OKA springs are Imperial 1"1/4 spring eyelet and 1" hole, the NT style pins are 1" NOT 25mm
Cheers,Joe

More
27 May 2019 19:11 #23 by Joseph Baz
Joseph Baz replied the topic: Springs
You will have to ascertain if the side washers are warn,the clunk is usually a separate matter more to do with friction than anything being wrong,if the side washers are ok lift the OKA from the chassis allowing the diffs to drop to the max blow in between the leaves with compressed air and once is clean spray in between the leaves with something like INOX ,wipe of the excess and you will have a clank free OKA for a few months,if you prefer a dry look just blow some graphite powder in between instead of Inox.
Cheers,Joe

More
30 May 2019 16:35 #24 by Dean and Kaye Howells
Dean and Kaye Howells replied the topic: Springs
Hi OIA ,
The original erkot bushes are pretty bloody awful (IMO) when compared to the replacement steel/bronze bushes now available. I got mine from Ian Jones along with new pins, HT washers etc. I don't know if the original erkot bushes are still available.

Deano :)

More
04 Jun 2019 19:09 - 04 Jun 2019 19:16 #25 by OKA in Africa
OKA in Africa replied the topic: Springs
Thanks for all your input until now. I have now received a quote for the replacement of the original size bushes, which I would like to get from Australia. My time in Africa is limited and I would like to have all important parts ready for a quick installation once I am there.
I am considering the "important" parts the plastic bushes because I hope to get the right material and press fit, if I order from Australia.
Metal bushes, washers and bolts I can obtain from a metal engineering shop in South Africa.

However, reviewing the OKA manual made me scratch my head and I have inserted my questions in the document below.

Any ideas or suggestions?
OKA leaf spring suspension FRONT BACK with quote.pdf[attachment=4857]OKA leaf spring suspension FRONT BACK with quote.pdf

Thank you and best regards

OKA #327 in Africa
www.oka4wd.com/forum/members-vehicles-pu...47-oka-327-in-africa
Attachments:
Last Edit: 04 Jun 2019 19:16 by OKA in Africa.