Radiator hoses

More
04 Jun 2019 17:51 #2 by Peter and Sandra OKA 374
Peter and Sandra OKA 374 replied the topic: Radiator hoses
Top or bottom XT or LT?
On an LT the two pieces that join the radiator to the metal tubes going back to the engine re just straight generic pieces cut to suit. I gave the spare top and bottom hoses away that I had when I fitted the 6BT.

OKA 374 LT Van, converted to camper/motorhome,
400ah Lithiums, 680w solar, diesel cooking heating and HWS,
Cummins 6BT, Allison 6 speed auto, Nissan transfer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jun 2019 07:24 #3 by mort
mort replied the topic: Radiator hoses
Hi Peter,
The ones on the radiator are just straight as you say but the ones from the engine thermostat housing to rad and from rad to water pump are the ones I am after. I dont know if they are different for XT and LT but as I have serched past posts and cant find any info so I would think for future reference if they are different then both can be listed.
Martyn

More
05 Jun 2019 19:04 #4 by Holmz
Holmz replied the topic: Radiator hoses

mort wrote: Hi Peter,
The ones on the radiator are just straight as you say but the ones from the engine thermostat housing to rad and from rad to water pump are the ones I am after. I dont know if they are different for XT and LT but as I have serched past posts and cant find any info so I would think for future reference if they are different then both can be listed.
Martyn

Mort,

The XT have a 90 bend out of the water pump with maybe 100-125mm at the pump end.
Then 300-350-mm to the radiator.

The top is much the same, but also with a roughly 10'degree bend out at the radiator... as the hose goes up at an angle.

One could p'rolly1 use silicon or other fancy hose 90s, and tubes to fabricate up a hose.

I suppose I can take a picture and make a sketch...

1: Channeling Tim Winton's style.

More
05 Jun 2019 19:04 #5 by Peter and Sandra OKA 374
Peter and Sandra OKA 374 replied the topic: Radiator hoses
Martyn from memory the Oka radiator hoses are just generic bends of the appropriate size, measure the inlet and outlet sizes and the lengths from the bends and you should be able to find something to suit in the Mackay hoses catalog.

OKA 374 LT Van, converted to camper/motorhome,
400ah Lithiums, 680w solar, diesel cooking heating and HWS,
Cummins 6BT, Allison 6 speed auto, Nissan transfer.

More
06 Jun 2019 06:48 #6 by Alister McBride
Alister McBride replied the topic: Radiator hoses
mine's an XT. I couldn't be bothered researching when i changed mine and ordered from OKA, they were Mackay branded. Buying them through OKA though meant they came with a little 'OKA' stamp on them which was possibly worth the extra 300% price tag ;) (i obviously made that conscious choice!)

More
06 Jun 2019 11:49 #7 by mort
Hi Peter,
Yes they may seem fairly easy to just get but I did take them off some years ago and went around most of the outlets in Perth but no one had anything like them so I gave up but now just looking at getting spares and it would make things easy if some one had a brand and part number it would save a lot of time and effort.
Martyn

More
06 Jun 2019 11:52 #8 by mort
Hi Alister,
I am in no hurry yet so can do the hunting for them and save 300% but if stuck in the bush 300% is cheap.
Martyn

More
06 Jun 2019 16:49 - 06 Jun 2019 16:50 #9 by Holmz

mort wrote: Hi Alister,
I am in no hurry yet so can do the hunting for them and save 300% but if stuck in the bush 300% is cheap.
Martyn

300% means...
"One in the bush is worth three in the hand."
Last Edit: 06 Jun 2019 16:50 by Holmz.

More
06 Jun 2019 23:11 #10 by Alister McBride
I think it's the other way around Holmz... one in the hand is worth 3 in the bush (possibly even 4! ;) ) perhaps 300% was a bit exaggerated but probably close!

More
07 Jun 2019 06:14 - 07 Jun 2019 06:16 #11 by Holmz
(I did get that back to front.. maybe I thought it flowed the other way in the Southern Hemisphere? ):S

It is an old saying, but still rings true today.
Last Edit: 07 Jun 2019 06:16 by Holmz.

More
11 Jun 2019 08:31 #12 by Hydramech
Hydramech replied the topic: Radiator hoses
Hi Mort, I can help you with the top hose . It,s a Mackay Part no 51EE9KLA 6326.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rick Whitworth, Holmz

More
11 Jun 2019 08:36 #13 by Hydramech
Hydramech replied the topic: Radiator hoses
That number is for the XT

More
11 Jun 2019 20:22 #14 by Joseph Baz
Joseph Baz replied the topic: Radiator hoses
Alister,did you remember what did you paid for the hoses I'm just curious about this so called 300% price,I bought hoses from OKA parts and the prices were actually cheaper than Repco......are we really running on a factual or people assume that prices are high,I deal with different brands and if you compare OKA to Subaru OKA is a give away
Cheers,Joe

More
13 Jun 2019 09:06 - 13 Jun 2019 09:07 #15 by Alister McBride
Good point Joe, apologies, it was many years ago, nothing to do with current management and i haven't dealt with the current tribe so no reflection on them... i'll try to reflect who it was in future!
Last Edit: 13 Jun 2019 09:07 by Alister McBride.

More
13 Jun 2019 16:43 #16 by mort
Hi Joe,
When I was looking some time ago repco didnt have a listing for oka and they couldn't match up for different vehicle so if you got a price from them which part number did you use or is there another vehicle to use as its ok if in Perth or Melb but if north Qld by the time you add shipping it can be a lot cheaper to go to repco and quicker.
Martyn

More
15 Jun 2019 18:58 #17 by Holmz
Hay Martyn, how much does Dean ask for an XT set of upper+lower hoses?
I have a use for either and upper or lower as a spare,

More
17 Jun 2019 09:19 #18 by Harry
Harry replied the topic: Radiator hoses
Hi all Ian Jones has all hoses to suite XT and LT radiators top and bottom at a very good price and a quick service to match he is in Victoria ph 0408 057 973

Jenny and I both enjoy the great outdoors. We try to get away 4 to 5 month a year.

More
17 Jun 2019 19:00 #19 by Holmz

Harry wrote: Hi all Ian Jones has all hoses to suite XT and LT radiators top and bottom at a very good price and a quick service to match he is in Victoria ph 0408 057 973

How much are they?

More
18 Jun 2019 12:22 #20 by Harry
Harry replied the topic: Radiator hoses
Hi Holzm
I am not sure of the price .......
What I am sure off ... is that when you ring Ian Jones on that phone number , it will be the correct part first time every time ......
I am also very sure that Ian will not bite you , for asking him how much he is asking for them or any other parts you may need

Jenny and I both enjoy the great outdoors. We try to get away 4 to 5 month a year.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 210greg

More
18 Jun 2019 20:07 #21 by Holmz
I doubt that would need fettling like the nose corners, so I should be safe...
I'll see if I can find both spare hos, but I found one so far... and it doesn't seem in bad shapes.