Wiring diagram for The Pollack fuel valve to the dash board.

More
06 Jul 2019 14:33 #1 by Landseer
Landseer created the topic: Wiring diagram for The Pollack fuel valve to the dash board.
Hi all I need some help I want to put my fuel system back to original, someone has done a terrible job with the fuel supply and wiring. I need the wiring diagram including wiring colours as to were they go from the Pollack valve to both tanks and gauges and switch on the dash. Hope someone can help.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jul 2019 18:19 #2 by Holmz
Holmz replied the topic: Wiring diagram for The Pollack fuel valve to the dash board.
Give me a call on the morrow.
There are 6 wires, so I think it is ground, left tank/right tank.
The left tank level/right tank level, and level to gauge.
(There is no order ^there^... so give a bell)

More
06 Jul 2019 19:55 #3 by Landseer
Landseer replied the topic: Wiring diagram for The Pollack fuel valve to the dash board.
Thanks for the reply, my number is 0418665153, can you send me your number and I will ring you.Thanks again

More
09 Jul 2019 08:52 #4 by Outback Jack
Outback Jack replied the topic: Wiring diagram for The Pollack fuel valve to the dash board.
Whilst you at it, perhaps you should install 2nd fuel gauge. That way you will know how much is in both tanks all the time. Not hard to do, running a extra wire up to dash.

More
09 Jul 2019 14:03 #5 by Landseer
Landseer replied the topic: Wiring diagram for The Pollack fuel valve to the dash board.
Thanks OBJ , I already have a second gauge so you reply doesn’t help my dilemma, I need a specific wiring diagram and preferably a colour coding also.

More
10 Jul 2019 05:54 - 10 Jul 2019 05:57 #6 by Holmz
Holmz replied the topic: Wiring diagram for The Pollack fuel valve to the dash board.
Can you post up the impedances I gave you Over phone?

1) The top wire, was infact just a hole in the terminal block.
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

Pretty sure that the either 4, 5, or 6 was was ~180 ohms.
Which means that the two tank senders go to the pollock, and like mad max thunder dome, "only one leaves" which goes to a single gauge,

It seemed like 2, 3, and 6 were value solenoid candidates.
Maybe I could see a voltage spike when flipping the switch? I'll be at the shed in 2 hours.

Outback Jack wrote: Whilst you at it, perhaps you should install 2nd fuel gauge. That way you will know how much is in both tanks all the time. Not hard to do, running a extra wire up to dash.

Or look at the bank balance... from dry they can gooble down 5 green notes, so if the wallet is low then I just filled up.
Last Edit: 10 Jul 2019 05:57 by Holmz.

More
10 Jul 2019 06:52 #7 by Landseer
Hi Holmz what you gave me was. Top green/white
Green .50 ohms
Purple 10.7 ohms
Purple. 108. Ohms
Red. 184. Ohms
I have seen different interpretations one was. A. Rear tank C. Front tank. D. Red. E Red/ white. To switch. F. Open. Then another. Was. A main tank. B. Fuel gauge. C. Aux tank D and E. To switch. Which is the only common thread. The thing I find strange is that wires go into the plugs and just end there I have 6 wires in and 4 out that’s why the circuit is a bit strange I get that the two reds continue to the switch and there should be one to the gauge but I have 2 gauges does that require a seperate wire from the tank? And 1 for each tank.
Thanks for your help so far. Ps I have 5 wires at pollack then it goes to 6 wires to plug then 4 wires out to dash 2 of them are both red plus red and white

More
10 Jul 2019 09:03 #8 by Peter_n_Margaret
Peter_n_Margaret replied the topic: Wiring diagram for The Pollack fuel valve to the dash board.
This has been rattling around in #196 for 14 years, so I scanned it with some higher res. Hope it helps.
Cheers,
Peter

Cheers, Peter.
OKA196 tinyurl.com/OKA196xtMotorhome
Mob.0428171214
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rick Whitworth, Landseer

More
10 Jul 2019 09:14 #9 by Holmz
(1) Top slot is empty
(2) Second down... is green/white
(3) Green .50 ohms
(4) Purple 10.7 ohms and is the passenger tank level sender
(5) Purple. 108. Ohms (assuming we have this as the gauge???
(6) Red. 184. Ohms and impedance says the driver's side tank sender.

So pollock solnoid is either 2/3, 2/5, or 3/5.
However I am assuming 5 is the gauge...

The pollock may be powered to one side spring loaded to the other...??
The following user(s) said Thank You: Landseer

More
10 Jul 2019 14:50 - 10 Jul 2019 14:52 #10 by Landseer
Hi again Randel just a quick question does your truck have two wiring plugs after the polllack plug,I found a picture of a Perkins wiring diagram and it looks like it has two plugs which kinder makes sense to me. Same plug as attached photo.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 10 Jul 2019 14:52 by Landseer. Reason: Photos didn’t appear

More
10 Jul 2019 18:43 #11 by Holmz
Yeah two or maybe three...
It is a rat's nest.

I think if you are running two gauges then you have three wires that can just be two wires to two gauges...

Or
all three go into the pollock as standard inputs, and then I guess the two sending units can go as a pair a mutipole switch and one or the other can end up going to the second gauge.

More
10 Jul 2019 19:33 #12 by Outback Jack
Outback Jack replied the topic: Wiring diagram for The Pollack fuel valve to the dash board.
This might help

Pollack Wiring
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rick Whitworth

More
10 Jul 2019 19:46 #13 by Landseer
Thanks mate I have seen all the Pollack wiring diagram but they don’t seem to follow the OKA wiring as I can see,I think I will just get my auto electrician to fathom it out,I have worked out some of the wires but a few I can’t figure out.
Thanks anyway.

• Peter and Sandra OKA 374
  • Away
More
11 Jul 2019 05:09 #14 by Peter and Sandra OKA 374
Peter and Sandra OKA 374 replied the topic: Wiring diagram for The Pollack fuel valve to the dash board.
I know it's nice to be able to swap tanks etc on the go but a simple solid state pump on the second tank and switch it on when the main tank is getting low is pretty foolproof.
374 didn't have two tanks from the factory so this is how I set up the second tank nine years ago.
When running low on one tank NEVER let it get to the stage where the engine starts to run out of fuel as even for the few seconds that it is starving it is wearing out the injection pump as it relies on fuel flow for lubrication and cooling.
I know of quite a few Landcruiser owners over the years that have had to have IP's rebuilt or replaced prematurely because they regularly ran a tank dry before swapping over.

OKA 374 LT Van, converted to camper/motorhome,
400ah Lithiums, 680w solar, diesel cooking heating and HWS,
Cummins 6BT, Allison 6 speed auto, Nissan transfer.

More
11 Jul 2019 08:21 #15 by Landseer
Hi Peter and Sandra, Thanks for your input, My truck has an electric fuel pump fitted but the wiring is terrible they just hacked into the harness. I have purchased a Pollak valve from Ian Jones and waiting for it to arrive I would just like to put all the wiring back as it should be, I still haven’t got my head around the wiring though seems like I have too many wires but I will let my Auto electrician work it out.there was only one filter fitted to the LH tank so I am fitting one to the RH one,also it has a second gauge fitted but wasn’t working so I want to activate that. I will leave the electric pump in the system as a redundancy ,separately switched..I think the electric pump must have just been a transfer pump from RH to LH tanks,I have only driven it 50 mtrs in the year I have owned it so am looking forward to putting it on the road.
Thanks again

• Peter and Sandra OKA 374
  • Away
More
15 Jul 2019 05:27 #16 by Peter and Sandra OKA 374
Peter and Sandra OKA 374 replied the topic: Wiring diagram for The Pollack fuel valve to the dash board.
Now we are home I just went and had a look in the electrical section of the manual and nowhere does it mention or display the wiring for the fuel tank system.
The closest it comes is the fuel gauge and then it is only as part of the instruments.
I know there are supplementary diagrams of particular parts of the vehicle and electrics, possibly only given to dealers etc as some have turned up on the forum over the years so maybe someone has one of the fuel system electrics.
It doesn't mention it anywhere in 374's electrical boxes either, maybe because it never had two tanks, I've not seen any spare connectors under the truck either.

OKA 374 LT Van, converted to camper/motorhome,
400ah Lithiums, 680w solar, diesel cooking heating and HWS,
Cummins 6BT, Allison 6 speed auto, Nissan transfer.