Fitting a new roof skin

More
04 Aug 2019 20:44 #41 by Joseph Baz
Joseph Baz replied the topic: Fitting a new roof skin
Did Dean informed you of the faulty roof? if that is the case you should just get a new replacement roof ,i will like to check the other skins in stock to make sure, but if that is the case I wont waste any time
Cheers,Joe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Aug 2019 20:51 #42 by Landseer
Landseer replied the topic: Fitting a new roof skin
No it wasn’t Dean, it was Brett from outyonda ,so I don’t know what affiliation there is there but he said it was folded incorrectly,That’s why I said I was waiting confirmation.

More
04 Aug 2019 21:06 #43 by Joseph Baz
It appears to me that a lot of non consequential parties are getting involved and hammer about shit without trying to resolve the issue,there is no affiliation between the mentioned parties,personally i will like to find what caused the problem and not belly ache for hours without finding a solution,I'm not a patient man and I don't put up with shit and if you like me to try to find a solution that is fine with me but listening to every bit of input without a solution or even to offer help is not going to archive anything,hopefully I can get some light by midday tomorrow.
Cheers,Joe

More
05 Aug 2019 09:48 #44 by mort
mort replied the topic: Fitting a new roof skin
Hi Landseer,
I have measured again this morning in the light and it is the roof at the back but not the frame as my roof is still on.
from fold to buttom of gutter both sides is 196 last night I said 197 and from edge fold to first bend across top 515 same both sides and flat bend to bend is 673 which makes a total of 1703 and with a straight edge across the flat it is 45 from bottom of straight edge to outside of roof or a 45 mm fall.
This may help to check your roof.
It may be a good idea to check the coverage of your coffin panels with your roof as this may be where the extra material on the top came from.
Martyn

More
05 Aug 2019 11:13 #45 by outyonda
outyonda replied the topic: Fitting a new roof skin
OKA did experament with som LT extra long cab's

OKAs 091, 093, 094, 113, 346x6 & 405

More
08 Aug 2019 19:12 #46 by Holmz
Holmz replied the topic: Fitting a new roof skin

outyonda wrote: OKA did experament with som LT extra long cab's

And their secret experiments with some extra wide cabs seems to have been leaked to Landseer... :dry:

More
09 Aug 2019 19:48 #47 by Joseph Baz
Holmz no extra wide just one 50 mm longer than usual just before the NT, the funny thing was at the time I asked WHY? and there was a blank look in peoples faces but no answers,maybe it was a way to pass the time.
Cheers,Joe

More
10 Aug 2019 20:40 - 10 Aug 2019 20:45 #48 by Holmz

Joseph Baz wrote: Holmz no extra wide just one 50 mm longer than usual just before the NT, the funny thing was at the time I asked WHY? and there was a blank look in peoples faces but no answers,maybe it was a way to pass the time.
Cheers,Joe

I usually add the :dry: when it is somewhat sarcastic, dry, or nuanced.
(But it seemed unhidened)
Last Edit: 10 Aug 2019 20:45 by Holmz.

More
26 Aug 2019 11:33 #49 by mort
mort replied the topic: Fitting a new roof skin
Hi Landseer,
Its been a few weeks now, did you get a resolution to the problem or did you fit what you had and if so how is it progressing.
Martyn

More
26 Aug 2019 12:14 #50 by Landseer
Hi Martyn, We fitted the roof we modified to the truck on Saturday fitted pretty well actually ,but I have a few wrinkles but we can fix that. Dean did help me with the problem so I can thank him for that, Not perfect but I am moving on.The coffin panels fitted perfectly and so the door skins.
Regards Dennis
The following user(s) said Thank You: nugget

More
26 Aug 2019 17:50 #51 by Landseer
End result so far.

More
28 Aug 2019 11:22 #52 by Holmz
I see two east west bars in there.
I only have the centre one...

More
28 Aug 2019 13:54 #53 by Landseer
Yes I fitted an extra one 1 for more rigidity and 2 I intend to fit a roof console that runs down the centre of the truck
The following user(s) said Thank You: Holmz

More
14 Apr 2023 20:51 #54 by darren lilly
darren lilly replied the topic: Fitting a new roof skin
old post but after all the adjusting to make it fit did you need to weld this on at all or just glue it on with the sunvisor bolts keeping it in place, I never got a straightforward answer when I enquired & wasleft still guessing, if anyone else knows the answer I would appreciate any & all replies