Micro switch in heater controls

More
24 Aug 2019 16:58 #1 by Landseer
Landseer created the topic: Micro switch in heater controls
Would anybody know what the micro switch fitted to the heater control panel actually do and how is it mounted.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Aug 2019 19:05 #2 by Outback Jack
Outback Jack replied the topic: Micro switch in heater controls
LT had two types of Heater Controls. One from Holden Camira and other from Holden Rodeo for memory. Perhaps put a picture up of the type you have. Rodeo for memory had steel arms, Camira had plastic. Camira ones have a habit of breaking.... The switch maybe for AC control

More
25 Aug 2019 16:48 #3 by Landseer
Landseer replied the topic: Micro switch in heater controls
Mine has seperate switches for the A/C. I just happened upon an exploded view in the OKA parts manual which had a micro switch behind the control panel. As mine has 2 wires that I couldn’t figger were they went I assume they go to the micro switch but as I said I don’t know what function it preformed . Guess when I re fit the battery I will connect my micro switch to the wires and see what happens. I just thought some body would know it’s function.

More
26 Aug 2019 16:02 #4 by Peter and Sandra OKA 374
Peter and Sandra OKA 374 replied the topic: Micro switch in heater controls
On my LT immediately to the right of the HVAC panel there is a push button on/off switch that activates the aircon, beside that next to it is a knob which operates the rear aircon and fan and then below that there is a thermostat for the rear aircon.
The thermostat for the front aircon is just inside the handbrake hole and down on the left but it is set at installation and should not be adjusted.

OKA 374 LT Van, converted to camper/motorhome,
400ah Lithiums, 680w solar, diesel cooking heating and HWS,
Cummins 6BT, Allison 6 speed auto, Nissan transfer.

More
26 Aug 2019 17:42 #5 by Landseer
This is my Dash and the exploded view of th Dash item 7 is the micro switch.
Attachments:

More
26 Aug 2019 21:27 #6 by Peter Davis
Peter Davis replied the topic: Micro switch in heater controls
My guess would be it turns the AC on for demisting when directing air to windscreen.

More
27 Aug 2019 04:54 #7 by Peter and Sandra OKA 374
Your HVAC controls are slightly different to mine, but mine doesn't have that microswitch.
The aircon is turned on and off by the blue push button switch on the right with AC on the knob, lights up when the aircon is on.

More
27 Aug 2019 06:38 #8 by Landseer
Hi Peter, Mine doesn’t have the micro switch either but it does have 2 wires that don’t go anywhere, just when I saw the diagram and saw the switch I thought that is what’s missing.I will wait til I have power to check the circuit,Your suggestion re turning on A/C makes sense.

More
28 Aug 2019 05:03 #9 by Peter and Sandra OKA 374
Check all the plugs and wiring on the back of the blue aircon switch, the switch for the rear air, the thermostat and the plugs where they connect to the main harness for being overheated/melted as over time the connections go high resistance and can get hot and melt. David Ribbans had a thread/article on how his had a meltdown.

More
28 Aug 2019 13:59 #10 by Landseer
I have disconnected the rear air, good idea or bad yet to be tested. I have renewed all the parts for the front air so I am hoping it will be efficient. Do I still need to worry about the rear wiring?
Regards Dennis

More
28 Aug 2019 18:05 - 28 Aug 2019 18:08 #11 by Outback Jack
Outback Jack replied the topic: Micro switch in heater controls
Rear wiring can be unplugged completely. Just don't throw it out. The loom runs down passenger side and into the fuse area behind passenger seat. Probably take you 30 mins max to take it out.

For memory the other thing the loom has is the wiring for micro switch in door for lights and steps. Plus rear lights. But these could be done independently.
Last Edit: 28 Aug 2019 18:08 by Outback Jack.