LT heater control panel

More
13 May 2022 06:39 #21 by Dave Blythe
Dave Blythe replied the topic: LT heater control panel

Peter and Sandra OKA 374 wrote: Dave try the vintage auto air places., you could also use silicone hose of appropriate size, as you can buy it in long lengths with a thin wall, it would flow better being smooth inside but might need tweaking on the convluted runs.
The airbox is Oka specific, rumour has it that a bloke spent a week making each one which knowing Oka wouldn't surprise me. The heater core is out of a Torana with slightly different connections, the fascia knobs and controls can either be Camira or Rodeo, not sure of models. If you can find a Red Dot or something else that fits go for it.
I told Kelvin about the heater core mod to remove a couple of metres of hose and the heater tap from the radiator tunnel and in turn make heater core connections more accessible.

Sage advice Peter, as usual - thanks!
I do need to remove and clean the entire HVAC system as it's chock full of fine mine dust - probably works as a good silicon dust inhaler.....looking at it the other day it appears I will need to remove the instrument panel and that's a bit longer than I had time for this weekend...I also read of the heater valve relocation mod and will remind Kelvin....working up a washing list of extra stuff for him while he has the guts out...if you think of anything else do let me know....George and Fran visited and reminded me to have the hydraulic line/brake hoses replaced due age and so She is in at the hydraulic man this week...all lessons appreciated - Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 May 2022 11:05 - 13 May 2022 11:06 #22 by Dean and Kaye Howells
Dean and Kaye Howells replied the topic: LT heater control panel
I just went out and measured the air box outlet external diameter on #413, it measures at 52.5 mm or pretty well 2" in the old language :)

A quick look on eBay came up with this

2" aircon hose

Deano
Last Edit: 13 May 2022 11:06 by Dean and Kaye Howells.

More
13 May 2022 15:44 #23 by Dave Blythe
Excellent! Thanks for taking the trouble to measure up Deano...I must say that having my OKA 300klms away is a pain as I can't just dash out and look at stuff...pretty sure 2 inch hose is common enough so will track some down tomorrow.

I wonder if anyone's gone for gold and turfed out the OEM Camira panel for something superior?
I see plenty of electrically operated heater valves.
That would rid me of one evil cable and flimsy plastic arm.....

More
14 May 2022 15:29 #24 by Dean and Kaye Howells
Dean and Kaye Howells replied the topic: LT heater control panel
Early Holden Rodeo utes had the same heater control panel but made out of steel :), just a matter of finding an old Rodeo ute and you're good to go. If you find two please let me know :) :)

More
15 May 2022 16:14 - 15 May 2022 16:15 #25 by Dave Blythe

Dean and Kaye Howells wrote: Early Holden Rodeo utes had the same heater control panel but made out of steel :), just a matter of finding an old Rodeo ute and you're good to go. If you find two please let me know :) :)

Good thinking...I found one with metal arms at a wreckers.....
Here looks something similar but can't see the arms....hmmmm...won't let me paste ebay link....anyways just search for

Holden Rodeo air heater control
Last Edit: 15 May 2022 16:15 by Dave Blythe.