Firstone air bags wo1-358-5311

More
28 Dec 2012 19:18 #1 by Peter334
Peter334 created the topic: Firstone air bags wo1-358-5311
David, a while ago there was a post about air bags for okas and you quoted and number for them,as i have the number could you tell me your supplier, as i am going nuts trying to find someone that can help cheers peter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Dec 2012 05:00 - 29 Dec 2012 05:46 #2 by dandjcr
dandjcr replied the topic: Firstone air bags wo1-358-5311

Peter334 wrote: David, a while ago there was a post about air bags for okas and you quoted and number for them,as i have the number could you tell me your supplier, as i am going nuts trying to find someone that can help cheers peter

Peter, I got mine from the US here . They are also available from here .

My original article on airbags is here .

I have now converted my airbags blog article to a pdf document and inserted it in the Technical Documents section, under Suspension, so you can download it from there. There are several other airbag documents listed there too.

FYI the airbag post and follow up discussion from the previous website is now here , although the links no longer work. I'll fix them up later today.

Shameless Plug: To find old posts quickly, use the Forum Listings , topics are categorised and will take you straight there.

Update:

Since fitting the airbags in 2010/11 we've done a couple of long treks. We fitted new rear springs with an extra 3rd support leaf in 2009 and with these the rear airbags work just right, mid pressure (40-60psi) provides the right amount of lift and ride control at varying loads and road cambers.

On the front, the same pressures provided too much lift so I removed 2 long leaves from each spring one at a time (retaining the wrap around leaves), to see how they work. With fewer spring leaves the airbags now do more of the work and the best height is obtained at 30-50 psi. How many leaves (if any) to remove depends on the strength and ageing (sag) of your springs, and load distribution. We had an extra support leaf inserted in the front springs several years ago so ours were a bit too strong anyway.

David and Janet Ribbans - Oka 148
Oka148 profile here.
Visit our technical and travel blogs: here.
Last Edit: 29 Dec 2012 05:46 by dandjcr.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.