Engine conversion in NSW

More
10 May 2016 21:09 #21 by Joseph Baz
Joseph Baz replied the topic: Engine conversion in NSW
Nice to see people moving into the 21st century,Tony what auto are you thinking off to mate with the 6BT? if you are thinking of an Allison why dont you get a Cummins ISB,much quieter than the 6BT.
Cheers,Joe
The following user(s) said Thank You: DarrenWebster303

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 May 2016 17:52 #22 by DarrenWebster303
DarrenWebster303 replied the topic: Engine conversion in NSW
Gee.... Remember all the whooharr when I said I was going to convert 303 years ago. Now its a national Oka past time!! Good on you all for having a go at it, but good on Martyn for going down the fix the Perkins road as well. D.

More
12 May 2016 18:19 #23 by Peter334
Peter334 replied the topic: Engine conversion in NSW
In my shed I have the gear to adapt perky to a 4l80e auto , when I had the perky with manual it was b horrible , so i changed to the auto it was a different kettle of fish a lot smoother and a lot quieter and a better pulling than the 5 speed clunker, the wife could drive it without my help to change gears ,now we have cummins with the same auto new turbo larger with gate now, put the foot down and we blast cars of the lights it is fun to see there eyes when we do , and yes I did the fit by my self some help with parts in how they are made and it was not easy but a great challenge ,the oka is better with the auto which ever motor is in front.