Oka 045 transplant

More
12 Feb 2017 17:09 #21 by Dean and Kaye Howells
Dean and Kaye Howells replied the topic: Oka 045 transplant
What's your problem OBJ ? This is the second time now you've tried to publicly press this forum member to release their private details.

On this and any other forum I've been associated with a members right to privacy is respected and IMO so it should be. If a member(s) wish to use a 'nom de plume' and not bare their soul and business to others, so what ?, this is not only OK but again IMO an affront to forum etiquette to publicly ask for this information.

People have their own reasons whether to remain anonymous or not. Whether this is from acute paranoia or a simple desire to retain privacy or other reason is not for other forum members to question or to judge. You yourself have used three 'nom de plumes' that I know of, as is your right and I don't see anyone asking you 'to bare all', and neither they should. It's your right to be 'Soon to be OKA Queensland' or 'Lobo' or 'Outback Jack' or whatever you like and I think it's incumbent on you to offer the same courtesy and anonymity to others.

As to ..... Seem to be online regularly. (as if this is in any way relevant), you've got to be kidding, I reckon I've seen only one or two posts from 'Rust and dust' ever!

If 'Rust and dust' wish to remain anonymous, as do many others on this and other forums so be it. It is their unquestionable right to do so.

Deano.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul , OKA 138, 210greg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2017 18:53 #22 by mort
mort replied the topic: Oka 045 transplant
Hi Deano and others
I agree with every thing you have written I for one only volunteer info that I want and not what others demand and in fact my reply would most likely be who the hell do you think you are f... off unless you are a copper.
Martyn "its an OKA thing" or "its a right to privacy thing"
The following user(s) said Thank You: 210greg

More
13 Feb 2017 05:54 #23 by dandjcr
dandjcr replied the topic: Oka 045 transplant

Dean and Kaye Howells wrote: If 'Rust and dust' wish to remain anonymous, as do many others on this and other forums so be it. It is their unquestionable right to do so.
Deano.

Agreed, people join and/or read this site for one primary reason, an interest in Okas.

Over half of all our registered users have visited the site in the last year (and 100 this year so far) but far fewer have felt the need to post any comments/questions.

It matters not how often they are visible and it's no indication of their value to the Oka community.

We shouldn't pee off anyone who might one day be in a position to help out, quite the opposite.

David

David and Janet Ribbans - Oka 148
Oka148 profile here.
Visit our technical and travel blogs: here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dean and Kaye Howells, Paul , DarrenWebster303, 210greg