door measurements

More
03 Nov 2012 06:28 #1 by dandjcr
dandjcr created the topic: door measurements
Forum Home > On the Road > door measurements

Cando
Has any one got the measurements / drawings for the drivers and passangers cab door of the XT model? . i need to rebuild the bottoms of both sides due to rust. Unfortunately the bottoms arnt all there.
cheers
cando
--
Happy trails

Cando and Bron XLT 112

September 30, 2010 at 8:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

joseph baz
Cando,are you in need of just skins or the internals need to be repaired as well? skins are quite cheap and you can use them to obtain the correct measurements for the internal repairs,I have a couple of doors that I can measure and fax you some details,if that is what you need send me a PM with your fax no
cheers Joe
September 30, 2010 at 8:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cando
Cheers Joe.
i need the LOT. the skins are shot but so is the bottom of both doors about 2-300 up from bottom. if you can send measurements of externals would be great.
as im new to this i dont know what a 'PM ' is ( private measage?) heres my fax any way.
0889 472 476

cheers
cando
--
Happy trails

Cando and Bron XLT 112

September 30, 2010 at 8:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

joseph baz
No worries, I will sketch something out tomorrow,that way you will be busy over the w'end
cheers,Joe
September 30, 2010 at 8:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

John & Laura Szkoruda
Cando, John just did all of our doors also, common problem with the Oka, ours were kaput also . John measured the door ( all over ) & drew it up on paper, then out with the angle grinder to cut off all the rust ( most of the door) then welded new frame & skins on then bog, sand & paint. Lots of work but a new door, just blank no fittings was approx $800 from Oka +++++ freight to NSW , to expensive to replace 3 doors. Lots of hours of work but worth it. Good luck.
Cheers Laura
--
John & Laura Szkoruda OKA 147

October 1, 2010 at 5:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Outback Jack
If your going to repair the doors, I would suggest you get new ones from OKA. The new NT doors have scissors lifts for the windows instead of the timing belt. Not a cheap option, but in my opinion a better one.

Cheers

--

October 1, 2010 at 11:16 PM

David and Janet Ribbans - Oka 148
Oka148 profile here.
Visit our technical and travel blogs: here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.