Internal measurements

More
03 Nov 2012 06:33 #1 by dandjcr
dandjcr created the topic: Internal measurements
Forum Home > On the Road > Internal measurements

Peter & Sandra James Oka 374
Hi, I'm considering buying an Oka, preferably a van/bus body to convert to a pop top camper and am unable to find the internal measurements of the standard bus/van body as it leaves the factory.
I've got brochures etc but they don't give any measurements or specs.
If any one can help with the internal floor length from front to back, width between the sides internally and the interior height it would be appreciated.
thanks
Peter
September 13, 2010 at 4:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

joseph baz
Rough internal measurements of the long bus body are 1850mm wide x 3650 long and I think from memory the height is 1540 mm if you need precise measurements let me know as I will be passing by the factory thursday and i can measure one of the bodies unless someone else can help before then.
cheers
Joe
September 13, 2010 at 7:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

T & D Morris
Peter & Sandra James Oka 374 at September 13, 2010 at 4:21 PM
Hi, I'm considering buying an Oka, preferably a van/bus body to convert to a pop top camper and am unable to find the internal measurements of the standard bus/van body as it leaves the factory.
I've got brochures etc but they don't give any measurements or specs.
If any one can help with the internal floor length from front to back, width between the sides internally and the interior height it would be appreciated.
thanks
Peter

Peter

I have just measured ours.
3660mm long x 1500mm high x 1760mm wide tapering to 1600mm wide near the roof.

Ours is a XT with a LT pop top camper.
I think the XT bodies are shorter by 300m from memory.

Terry & Deb

September 13, 2010 at 7:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

OKA NT Sales
hi PJ,

I have just returned from a 3 week trip of driving a new OKA Perth to Cairns to Adelaide (Perth to Cairns in 3 and a half days). If its the internal NT van body measurements you require i can send you a pdf. just email me on This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Markus
September 13, 2010 at 8:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Thanks to everyone for the info, I actually got to look at an Oka for sale today, it is no 330 built 7/95 and is an LT but has a XT bus body with a one piece lift up tailgate which agrees with T & D's info as it is 3350 inside. It was originally a cab chassis and had the body fitted later by the factory. It seems in good condition despite the 400+k's but the asking price is a bit steep I think. What is a reasonable price for a 15 y/o Oka bus with 400k on it ? As I said it is in good condition and has been serviced reularly, private ownership and a few upgrades.
September 13, 2010 at 9:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hal Harvey
Site Owner
PJ, I have a picture of the one below which may be what you're looking at; I have it down as #330 but figured it wasn't really because of the XT bus body. Ordinarily you can tell XTs from LTs by the length of the last window - an XT would have a short fourth window like this, where an LT's are all the same size. But #330 is one of the exceptions (I've also seen the reverse, an XT with the longer body).

The short body does significantly lessen the leverage that rear-mounted spare has on the chassis and mountings; you don't ordinarily see a rear-mounted spare on the longer body for that reason.

--
Hal

September 13, 2010 at 9:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hal, that is it the same truck, has the little bins in front of the rear wheels and the long handled shovel on the tyre carrier. Also the one piece rear tailgate as in the picture. It has been cleaned up and detailed but still has that same ratchet strap across the spare on the back. Total respray i think as all the Oka stickers have gone and the black bits are all shiny ;-)))
September 13, 2010 at 10:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cando
PJ, we have just purchased a cab only OKA and in the process of rebuilding it. We were looking until about a month or so ago. Prices ranged from 34 to 47K. The k's were all around 4 -600k with not a real lot done to them. We looked at a couple decked out as campers, they were around 50K +. Have a look at #112 and youl see how much we need to do.
Hope this helps
Cando
--
Happy trails

Cando and Bron XLT 112

September 14, 2010 at 6:50 PM

David and Janet Ribbans - Oka 148
Oka148 profile here.
Visit our technical and travel blogs: here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.