electronic tyre monitoring system

More
01 Nov 2012 11:49 #1 by dandjcr
dandjcr created the topic: electronic tyre monitoring system
Forum Home > OKA Maintenance > electronic tyre monitoring system

joseph baz
Hi All,was just looking at the INAWISE tyre monitoring,it appears very robust,the only hicup is that you need to remove and re balance the tyres to fit it,have any one had any experience with these? the retailer assured me that no false readings or interference is experienced.
Cheers
Joe
September 18, 2010 at 12:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hal Harvey
Site Owner
Joe,

I don't know what tyres you have, but I see on the specs for the 4WD (dual range) one: These products are designed for applications where the vehicle's cold tyre pressure ranges from 15psi to 46psi. ... and I would have thought 46psi was maybe a little on the light side.

There is another TPMS conversation here.
--
Hal

September 18, 2010 at 2:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Peter & Sandra James Oka 374
Not much good for an Oka or many 4wd's with a maximum pressure capability of 46 PSI !!
September 18, 2010 at 5:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tony Lee
" the retailer assured me that no false readings or interference is experienced."

I wrongly assumed that there should be no need to give such a "doh" assurance on a product offered for sale. "Fit for purpose" and all that sort of thing. What credence can you give to assurances from a bloke who makes a living by selling the things?

Three months after forking out good money for such a product, I am still waiting for the manufacturer to sort out a firmware upgrade. Got to the stage where I reckon they should be paying me for bringing design faults to their attention.

BTW I run with 45psi cold in the front and a bit less in the back tyres - as per Michellin's load/pressure data - and they increase in pressure by around 10psi - more on hot days - so I doubt whether 46psi would be much use. May be OK if they don't give an alarm on overpressure as they would still give an alarm on under-pressure. I know other OKAs who run with way more than 46psi cold
--
Tony

picasaweb.google.com/114611728110254134379

September 18, 2010 at 5:58 PM

David and Janet Ribbans - Oka 148
Oka148 profile here.
Visit our technical and travel blogs: here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.