Which transfer case?

More
03 Nov 2012 06:30 #1 by dandjcr
dandjcr created the topic: Which transfer case?
Forum Home > On the Road > Which transfer case?

Peter & Sandra James Oka 374
As per the earlier post re the interior measurements I'm looking at 1995 LT but don't know which transfer case it has, I suspect it is a Rockwell but am unable to find any identifying markings, how do you tell?
I've got a pic but how do I post it?
September 13, 2010 at 9:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

OKAPETE .......... Peter and Sharon Furlong.
Hi PJ, easiest ID for transfer is if its remote mounted with a jack shaft, its a Rockwell. If it bolts all as one unit to engine and gearbox its a New Process. If its # 330 it should have a Rockwell unless it's been retrofitted, and # 330 was originally an OKA HIRE vehicle and the full vin # is 6N544S1M4SA170330 and was originally a single cab chassis. rgds pete.
September 13, 2010 at 9:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hal Harvey
Site Owner
PJ, the how to post pics thing is here (click).
--
Hal

September 13, 2010 at 9:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Thanks Pete, it is remote so has a Rockwell, it looks heaps bigger than a divorced NP205 I helped fit intoa 4wd coaster. I knew it was a cab chassis originally and it now has an XT short (300mm less) bus body which was apparently fitted at the factory.
Peter
September 13, 2010 at 10:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

OKA4WD.com
Administrator
These are more pics of the guts of 054 - which is an XT - which should be New Process yes? But this appears to have the jackshaft and separate transfer case. Any experts to advise here?

-

-

September 19, 2010 at 1:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

OKAPETE .......... Peter and Sharon Furlong.
Oka # 054,was originally an Argyle diamond mine truck, it was two wheel drive, and started life as a multi cab. Peter ........ from Bindoon nth of perth converted it to the bus body it is currantly fitted with, he also fitted the new rockwell transfer that you see in the pic, and the new front diff, this all took place pre 2000. It was sold in 2005 and came east (of course!) and then to Justin, who with Geoff and Annette oka # 354, own ABS frankston, and then to, I presume, its present owner. hope this helps anyone. peter furlong.
September 19, 2010 at 7:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Peter thanks for the info re the transfer case, had it in my mind that NP205 was early truck and here was an early one with divorced transfer which confused me ;-))
Hal thanks for putting the pics up.
Peter
September 19, 2010 at 7:42 AM

David and Janet Ribbans - Oka 148
Oka148 profile here.
Visit our technical and travel blogs: here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.