Members

More
14 Jul 2021 06:52 #1 by Rick Whitworth
Rick Whitworth created the topic: Members
thanks Pete, I agree

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jul 2021 07:10 #2 by Paul Scherek
Paul Scherek replied the topic: Members
It should be noted that the Faecesbook Oka site is blocked to non-faecesbook members. Other FB sites allow non-fb people to view the site, but not post which is reasonable.
If the FB Oka site was opened to viewing by non-fb members then you would have a point, Pete. But while the FB Oka site is discriminatory............

More
14 Jul 2021 07:46 - 14 Jul 2021 08:05 #3 by Holmz
Holmz replied the topic: Members

OKAPETE wrote: At the risk of causing some dissension...which I am loathe to do...I would like Admin or someone that knows to tell me why a long standing member and contributor to all things Oka has been blocked from this site.....if its a personal issue then it shouldnt flow over to a public/member Forum.
I am referring in particular to OKAbloke...***** ******** who runs ***** FB site... *******.
I dont consider * FB site or any other to be a conflict of interest....on the contrary it complements this site.
I just cant see any logical reason for the blockage...unless it was an error...?
Thanks. Pete.

I sense that you are on the Whitworth team, or put up to your task directly by the person in question.
However I do not take orders from you, nor from Rick.
And while I am a general fan of shit-stirring, I am less inclined to like it when it can be perceived malicious and directed towards me.
So I will be Frank here… since we have went from PMs to open season posts.

1) I do not operate via an emissary, sort of like if I was to calling your GP and asked for your medical info.
(They would tell me politely to FRO and have you call them directly.)

2) I have texted the fellow, and emailed him a few times.
Having received “No answer” from him (in my mind), means that you two have become helpers?
I even tried to synch up- during Finke week, but all the calls were unanswered.

3) If someone is asking for martyrs for their cause, rather than some direct communication… then it indicates to me that my gut instincts are still to be trusted.
(I have no idea what the plan is, just that it is opaque and operating by proxy.)

Some idea of contrition and honesty would go a long ways towards believing the others are operating on good faith…
I don’t even know the bloke personally, nor you two… just some generally helpful interactions.
However I have formed somewhat of an opinion that the fellow in question.
And impression and opinion of you two fellows reasoning and motives are causing some bewilderment.

This is not really healthy to have fracturing in a community as small as ours.

However at least you can rest assured that I:
1) will operate honestly
2) prefer to work discretely and directly
3) place a high value on the technical aspects of the Forum, that are not mirrored in the social aspects of the FB site(s). And are also free from any influence with respect to the financial concerns such as Robyn, Dean, Ian, Pete, etc… could have. Theo’s businesses provide the critical third-leg of the trifecta of technical, social, and service.

I am happy to talk directly later in the week… (as we are heading south today or tomorrow.. and written comms often do not capture tone and nuance as well as verbal.)
However… I am not doing anything in an admin sense personally, without direct comms with the OP.
And I am disinclined to side against the other OPs as my experience mirrors what I have heard, and because I have evidence-based proof of the other OPs honesty and direct communications as something to be highly trusted..

This whole topic bleeds over into the idea of membership fees or contributions.
I would not want an army of “do gooders” feeling like they want their $20 worth of entertainment at the admins expense in an Admin/SES response to their problem de jur.

If there are any questions, then we should continue and clear things up…
Last Edit: 14 Jul 2021 08:05 by Holmz.

More
14 Jul 2021 07:58 - 14 Jul 2021 07:59 #4 by Holmz

Rick Whitworth wrote: thanks Pete, I agree

Agree?
It seems similar to Nina Conti agreeing with her monkey…

Last Edit: 14 Jul 2021 07:59 by Holmz.

More
14 Jul 2021 08:26 #5 by Rick Whitworth
Rick Whitworth replied the topic: Members
Nonsense, there is no Whitworth team!!
I have no more association with OKAPETE or OKAbloke than with any other member of oka4wd.com or FB
Like many others I contribute and put great store and value in the friendship and info shared between ALL members of the OKA fraternity

More
14 Jul 2021 08:37 - 14 Jul 2021 08:39 #6 by Holmz

Rick Whitworth wrote: Nonsense, there is no Whitworth team!!
I have no more association with OKAPETE or OKAbloke than with any other member of oka4wd.com or FB
Like many others I contribute and put great store and value in the friendship and info shared between ALL members of the OKA fraternity

Ok please accept my apology.
(I must have gotten cross threaded, and I am in hospital on pain meds, so I am even worse than “normal”)

That Nina Conti is stunningly good (imo),
I’ll need to go to a show … if we ever get out of covid world domination.
Last Edit: 14 Jul 2021 08:39 by Holmz.

More
14 Jul 2021 09:01 - 14 Jul 2021 09:20 #7 by Rick Whitworth
Rick Whitworth replied the topic: Members
apology accepted
I did not create this topic as shown above.
OKAPete created a separate thread (with the same name: Members) to which I responded with my thanks and agreement.
I stand by my response in agreement that belongs on OKAPete's thread
I do not want to be shown as the creator of this topic
Last Edit: 14 Jul 2021 09:20 by Rick Whitworth. Reason: incorrect thread ownership changed by admin

More
14 Jul 2021 09:46 #8 by Holmz

Rick Whitworth wrote: apology accepted
I did not create this topic as shown above.
OKAPete created a separate thread (with the same name: Members) to which I responded with my thanks and agreement.
I stand by my response in agreement that belongs on OKAPete's thread
I do not want to be shown as the creator of this topic

Noted.
I tried to moderate the original post to remove the members name… but I will need to figure out how to get it back at the top,

The nurses have been coming around, and the meds are making me a bit woolly headed… (more so than normal) … And then I ride for a few hours in the back of sedan in an hour or tree.

More
15 Jul 2021 06:09 #9 by ABE
ABE replied the topic: Members
How someone get a message so wrong. I know Pete and is not as you suggest. He is helpful to this community which I have been part of for 16 years but you lost me through your arrogance good bye to this site as some of you new members do not understand protocol
ABE Tony

ABE Tony
The following user(s) said Thank You: OKAPETE, Rick Whitworth

More
15 Jul 2021 07:08 #10 by Alister McBride
Alister McBride replied the topic: Members
Honestly, i don't know ANY of the politics behind all this but i've been a member for a while now and have usually found this site to be incredibly helpful. There are always 'tiffs' on any forum but i think people need to see that for what it is and just cool their jets a bit! People are emotional about what they enjoy so take that into account...

Re - the banning of members. As i said earlier, i haven't seen anything on this site which would indicate to me anyone should be banned, but maybe that was due to removal of posts etc by admin. Even 'relatively' volatile members in my opinion should be allowed, just as they would be allowed around a campfire...

Political bs/aggression stopped me from coming to the site for a while a few years ago and i hope it doesn't flare up again... There's a lot of technical info here and people helping eachother out. If we focus on the negatives, all those incredible positives are lost!

Cheers, alister
The following user(s) said Thank You: OKAPETE, Rick Whitworth, Holmz

More
15 Jul 2021 09:27 #11 by Holmz
Amen Alistair.

As a PSA (Public Service Announcement), people should try to not send PMs that they would not want to post publicly.
And if they are in fear of being too emotional, a phone call may be a better way to moderate their concerns with the feedback that interactive dialogue offers.

There has not been too much happening behind the scenes, so you have missed very little. And missed nothing that seems overly relevant to the forum or OKA ownership and maintaince..