Thanks for getting the Oka site back up and running

More
24 Mar 2013 15:09 #1 by Outback Jack
Outback Jack created the topic: Afternoon Trip Around Derby
Decided to go for a little drive around Derby today.

Managed to scratch up the fresh paint along drivers side, due a track being a little narrow. Red paint shows it up more than a white vehicle.

Also a heart stopping moment as OKA passenger side dropped into a bog hole on the marsh, I didnt have it in 4wd as the ground was pretty hard, except this mud patch. I had no option but to flatten the accelator to the floor board and pray. With a screech of the tyre on drivers side and the OKA lurching around, it managed to pull it self out in 2wd. I didnt want to stop to put into 4wd.... Once out I put into to 4wd.

The marsh is still a little wet, so wasnt a great idea I guess. I was off the Marsh by a about 50 meters on a side track, so didnt think it would be still wet.

Lesson learnt OKA, doesnt like mud.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Apr 2013 11:17 #2 by PeteFox
PeteFox replied the topic: Thanks for getting the Oka site back up and running
To James and Dave
Yippee we're back on.
Thanks guys for all the work, You've cured a lot of people with withdrawal symptoms

Pete Fox OKA266 MultiCab
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

www.byles.net/www.oka4wd.com/forum/membe...oka-266?limitstart=0
The following user(s) said Thank You: James and Usha, dandjcr

More
13 Apr 2013 16:17 #3 by Nomad
Nomad replied the topic: Thanks for getting the Oka site back up and running
Yep, I'll second that. Thank you all who regularly put in the effort to maintain this forum (and it's contributors), it means a great deal to those of us on a very slow road to that elusive rebuild. I for one log on most days to find inspiration, ideas and solid advice. Thank you!

David & Christina - OKA 267

More
13 Apr 2013 16:27 #4 by Greg 210 and Dean 366
Greg 210 and Dean 366 replied the topic: Thanks for getting the Oka site back up and running
Me three I felt like someone cut me off at the knee. Good work guys.

More
13 Apr 2013 18:42 #5 by Ewart and Vivian Halford
Ewart and Vivian Halford replied the topic: Thanks for getting the Oka site back up and running
Yes and a big thank you from me as well.

Ewart oka 365

More
13 Apr 2013 22:55 #6 by Outback Jack
Outback Jack replied the topic: Thanks for getting the Oka site back up and running
Thanks to all who work on this site, not just now but in the past.

We all have lifes other than this forum and OKA`s, but the effort put in to keep this site up and running is greatly appreicated.

More
14 Apr 2013 06:11 #7 by Paul Scherek
Paul Scherek replied the topic: Thanks for getting the Oka site back up and running
And me too, thanks for all the work. This is an incredibly good site, especially considering that it has all been done by such a small number of people. Thanks again, having this fabulous resource makes Oka ownership a lot easier and even more fun.
Cheers,
Paul
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hal Harvey, James and Usha, dandjcr, Peter and Sandra OKA 374

More
17 Apr 2013 14:29 #8 by Richard and Beverly House
Richard and Beverly House replied the topic: Thanks for getting the Oka site back up and running
Thanks everybody for getting the site running again. There still are things missing though, like the latest posts on the Western Oka gathering,nothing since mid March I think.

Richard and Beverly House Oka 080

More
17 Apr 2013 16:40 #9 by James and Usha
James and Usha replied the topic: Thanks for getting the Oka site back up and running
Still working on getting the posts back up. Hopefully not too long now.

More
17 Apr 2013 19:17 #10 by Joseph Baz
Joseph Baz replied the topic: Thanks for getting the Oka site back up and running
It's nice to see that we have some brains running this site and we're all thankfull for your effords....
Thank you guys for the good work!!!!

More
01 May 2013 17:55 #11 by Rick Whitworth
Rick Whitworth replied the topic: Thanks for getting the Oka site back up and running
Time someone said this in the interest of the site admin's sanity....

You guys do a great job all for free
I know professional webmasters who get paid good wages to manage forums that aren't a patch on this one.

If the odd photo, topic or backup goes astray and can't be restored then don't sweat it, just let em go.
Members can't expect the admins to dedicate their whole lives chasing details keeping a free site absolutely perfect.

It's my vote that if valuable stuff comes up on the site its up to individuals to take and protect their own copy.

thanks for the great site
love your work
Rick & Sue
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hal Harvey, James and Usha, dandjcr

More
02 May 2013 06:10 #12 by Paul Scherek
Paul Scherek replied the topic: Thanks for getting the Oka site back up and running
Seconded. I am sure that all of us, including those who don't get around to mentioning it, are equally grateful and indebted to the administrators for this fabulous site.
Cheers, Paul
The following user(s) said Thank You: dandjcr