dual or multi cab for work

More
28 Dec 2018 09:36 #1 by travisg
travisg created the topic: dual or multi cab for work
hello everyone, I'm on the hunt for a dual or multi cab Oka. plan is to be abler to carry at least 5 including the driver, but a few extra seats wouldn't hurt. I need the back for work purposes, and I do plan to tow occasionally. im NOT interested in bus or moho as I need a small tray.

I'm not afraid of doing a few repairs, painting or fitting a module to a single cab etc, but i want to be able to drive it to Brisbane under its own power to start the process as long distance shipping is a pain. Also if you are anywhere from Kempsey to bundy on the east coast I'd like to see your Oka to get some inspiration. I've got about 6 months to have it ready for the big red bash and then the cape.

I've just sold a canter, my third and have had an NPS before that. and drove a bunch h of unimogs. so 4wd trucks aren't new to me....but I've always wanted an Oka

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Dec 2018 19:31 - 28 Dec 2018 19:33 #2 by outyonda
outyonda replied the topic: dual or multi cab for work
OKA's start as cab chassi & you add moduals to sute.
I have several combinations here 4 sale

Brett 0429 831040

W A

OKAs 091, 093, 094, 113, 346x6 & 405
Last Edit: 28 Dec 2018 19:33 by outyonda.

More
29 Dec 2018 04:51 - 29 Dec 2018 04:53 #3 by Alister McBride
Alister McBride replied the topic: dual or multi cab for work
Hi travis, i have a dual cab version i use for the farm. They can either have 3 or 4 seats along the back row (5 or 6 seats total), mine has 4, but is pretty tight for large adults, kids are fine. Also, i'm assuming you are familiar with the two main models, XT and LT. The XT dual cab module is about 100mm shorter than the LT so slightly less leg room but gives a larger tray, i went for the larger tray as i don't carry passengers very often. You can tell by the distance in the cab behind the door looking from the side the XT is about 100mm, the LT about 200mm (these dimensions are just guesses purely from memory, but you get the drift). Be careful though, because they are modular sometimes you might get an XT dualcab on an LT or vice versa! Probably rare...

So unless you need more than 5 or 6 capacity total or you want more 'inside' space a multicab is probably not necessary... If you want a larger tray, a dualcab is definitely the go.

There is a 'for sale' section of this website or most people look on Gumtree or Ebay or sometimes some of the truck sales websites etc.

cheers, alister
Last Edit: 29 Dec 2018 04:53 by Alister McBride.

More
10 Jan 2019 19:37 #4 by Russ Phelan
Russ Phelan replied the topic: dual or multi cab for work
Hey Travis,
I am about to put my OKA Lt dual cab on the market.
I am located 2 hour south of Sydney.
I'll try and put up some pics.

Russ

Instgram @okaruss #okatruck
Attachments:

More
11 Jan 2019 03:54 #5 by 210greg
210greg replied the topic: dual or multi cab for work
sorry to hear that Russ hope you and the family are all well. are buying another one?
The following user(s) said Thank You: DarrenWebster303