Method alloy rims

More
27 Jun 2021 18:27 #1 by Peter Davis
Peter Davis created the topic: Method alloy rims
Method alloy rims. 17x8.5. Has any bought these rims. Did they fit ok, are you happy with them.
Otherwise are others thinking of purchasing. Currently $570 each and about 2 month wait. If a few of us are interested it might be cheaper as a group purchase.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jun 2021 18:44 #2 by MAST
MAST replied the topic: Method alloy rims
Hi Peter,
I have also been considering the Method 305 NV HD 17" x 8.5 which are rated at 1651kg and would be keen to hear if anyone is currently using them. It appears Method only offer this size in 0 Offset so would be interested if someone can confirm no clearance issues.
Cheers
Mark

More
28 Jun 2021 05:16 #3 by Peter and Sandra OKA 374
Peter and Sandra OKA 374 replied the topic: Method alloy rims
I think you might be waiting a bit longer than that Peter, I've had a set of the HD 2000 kg ones on order for over three months now, they are supposed to arrive in a couple of weeks but who knows as the shipping is very slow.
The zero offset will fit if you have the HD knuckles but nobody seemed too sure re the standard knuckles.

OKA 374 LT Van, converted to camper/motorhome,
400ah Lithiums, 1100w solar, diesel cooking heating and HWS,
Cummins 6BT, Allison 6 speed auto, Nissan transfer.

More
28 Jun 2021 08:30 #4 by Peter_n_Margaret
Peter_n_Margaret replied the topic: Method alloy rims
I intend to fit a set of 17"ones to #077.
www.thewheeldeal.com.au/wheels/method/me...-hd-matte-black.html
Ian Jones sells 16"x 9" zero offset steel rims to suit the 325/85R15 tyres and they fit so these should be OK. (I have a set for sale with tyres if anyone feels inclined).
Cheers,
Peter

Cheers, Peter.
OKA196 tinyurl.com/OKA196xtMotorhome
Mob.0428171214

More
30 Jun 2021 05:45 #5 by Alister McBride
Alister McBride replied the topic: Method alloy rims
Hi all, i got a quote from MrWheelDeal in the states ( mrwheeldeal.com ). Assuming i got the right wheel in the selection they came back with just under $3k (already converted to AUD) for 6 Method wheels A/A so a bit of a saving through them. This price included shipping to Aus. They also have wheel nuts if you want them for a good price. If you do get a quote make sure to specify the OKA stud pattern (8 x 6.5") as they had to ask...

Cheers, alister

More
09 Jul 2021 15:05 #6 by Holmz
Holmz replied the topic: Method alloy rims
I got a set of Raceline in 16" with -20 offset.
No chance to try fitment yet, as I need to find lug nuts (wheel nuts).

(I suspect an 8" wide rim would need -12 to -20 to clear the steering gizmos, but maybe the extra inch in diameter would help?.)

More
26 Jul 2021 18:12 #7 by Landseer
Landseer replied the topic: Method alloy rims
We have a set of 5 American Racing wheels on order ,from Bob Jane In Noosa. I had a Quote from Mr wheel deal in the USA and it was cheaper to buy in Australia from the distributer here. I could have brought the same wheel in Black ex stock but I hate Black wheels. David Kingston has purchased Method Wheels you could try contacting him re were he purchased them from some company in Brisbane I believe.

More
27 Jul 2021 17:42 #8 by Peter Davis
Peter Davis replied the topic: Method alloy rims
Thanks for the message. Which American racing wheels are you purchasing. I couldn't find any which have a higher enough load rating for Oka rear axle 3.4 tonne or about 3800 lb. The 3640 lb rim rating is ok for front axle.

More
28 Jul 2021 07:46 #9 by Holmz
Holmz replied the topic: Method alloy rims

Peter Davis wrote: Thanks for the message. Which American racing wheels are you purchasing. I couldn't find any which have a higher enough load rating for Oka rear axle 3.4 tonne or about 3800 lb. The 3640 lb rim rating is ok for front axle.

Yep… for race car rims one can get forged, but I have found nothing in forged rims for trucks other than duallie Alcoa rims.
It is 3420 pounds for the Raceline “rock crusher”.

More
09 Aug 2021 18:47 #10 by Witchdoctor
Witchdoctor replied the topic: Method alloy rims
I have Method 312 17x8, purchased through Race Wheels Australia in Brisbane