Air step

More
15 Jul 2013 00:59 #1 by TH
TH created the topic: Air step
#234 came factory fitted with the dualcab side step. My darling wife is, for want of a better word, short and has requested an easier access option. Therefore I'm chasing an air step, if I can find one, in the meantime a foot stool will have to do.

Any other options and suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers, Tony

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jul 2013 06:23 #2 by Peter334
Peter334 replied the topic: Air step
I had one for sale awhile ago no one wanted it so I trashed it ,but I can draw up the plans to make one as I replaced my old steel one with stainless, it was air operated but to unreliable , I have removed the air ram and switch from the pump and now it is just hand to lift up and down, if you want the parts I have let me know and a drawing. cheers peter

More
15 Jul 2013 07:37 #3 by TH
TH replied the topic: Air step
A couple of photo's would be nice thanks, Peter. I have wondered about a pull out step from under the current one.

Cheers, Tony

More
15 Jul 2013 10:50 #4 by Ralley
Ralley replied the topic: Air step
I'm also looking to fix the step in 169 I have the step but the rest is missing.
Rob

More
15 Jul 2013 17:02 #5 by Peter334
Peter334 replied the topic: Air step
I will do my darnest to take some photos of the step tomorrow with some measurements and post them , cheers peter

• Peter and Sandra OKA 374
  • Away
More
16 Jul 2013 03:09 #6 by Peter and Sandra OKA 374
Peter and Sandra OKA 374 replied the topic: Air step
374 also just had the stretched metal step under the fuel tank, dangerous when wet.
I fitted a normal bus step that would normally be air operated and just use it manually. You need a latch mechanism to keep it folded up and a couple of chains to stop it going right down as well a some non slip tape on the chequerplate as they get slippery when wet.
there are a couple of side shots of 374 in the photo section and you can see the chains on the top step.
I can take better closeup ones in a couple of weeks when we get home if anyone wants them.

OKA 374 LT Van, converted to camper/motorhome,
400ah Lithiums, 1100w solar, diesel cooking heating and HWS,
Cummins 6BT, Allison 6 speed auto, Nissan transfer.