× Welcome to the OKA forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

More
22 Sep 2015 14:18 #1 by fishing01
fishing01 created the topic: New member
Hello all my name is Geoff and my better half is Veronica, firstly thanks to all for the forum being here,learnt a fair bit before we jumped into buying. We took possession of 204 from Peter Morgan last Friday in the car park of the Hamilton hotel in Brisbane, I can't say I'd recommend Kingsford Smith Dr Frdiay morning as the best place to drive an OKA for the first time. Anyhow we survived the truck ran extremely well up to Townsville (home). Will begin changes and maitanence in the next few weeks I will try and read all that is written before asking the questions you've probably already answered.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Sep 2015 16:01 - 22 Sep 2015 18:41 #2 by Outback Jack
Outback Jack replied the topic: New member
Welcome and dont be afraid to ask questions.

204 appears to have had an easy life.

Now its time to enjoy it and make it your own.
Last Edit: 22 Sep 2015 18:41 by Outback Jack.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fishing01

More
22 Sep 2015 16:06 - 22 Sep 2015 16:12 #3 by dandjcr
dandjcr replied the topic: New member
Hi Geoff and Veronica, welcome to the Oka world.

As you've already discovered there is a lot of collective knowledge and expertise on this website on Okas, their modifications and uses, and with your user name, it's not hard to guess what you do for recreation. I'm sure you'll find quite a few fishing enthusiast amongst our members.

Before leaping in to changes to your Oka, it's worth posing a few questions here on the forum, there are probably members who have done something similar before. If it's already been answered someone will point you at the info.

You've probably already noticed we've got a minor problem (Fatal Error) when posting forum entries. We are trying to get this fixed but in the meantime, read this post for more info.

Regards, David

David and Janet Ribbans - Oka 148
Oka148 profile here.
Visit our technical and travel blogs: here.
Last Edit: 22 Sep 2015 16:12 by dandjcr.

More
24 Sep 2015 04:17 #4 by 210greg
210greg replied the topic: New member
welcome and congrats on your purchase ENJOY
Greg
The following user(s) said Thank You: fishing01

More
24 Sep 2015 12:40 #5 by Chrisj
Chrisj replied the topic: New member
Hi Geoff,

I left a message with your answering service but I haven’t heard back from you, I’m in Townsville and I understand that you dropped by to look at my OKA. I you need a hand or have any questions just give on a call on 47 404 118.

Regards, Chris.

Chaos, Panic, Disorder - My work is done here.

More
11 Nov 2015 16:40 #6 by fishing01
fishing01 replied the topic: New member
Chris,
I am a bit of an electronic vandal, just noticed people responding to my first post, yeah in the weeks before I committed to 204 I met your painter had a cheeky look at what I could see of your machine just wanted to crawl all over it but thought better of it.
I believe your on the tugs or pilots? I will give you a ring, in case your night on shifts my mobile is 0411 877 300, talk soon.

More
11 Nov 2015 17:13 #7 by fishing01
David,

Thanks for the welcome I have been reading lots and digging into archives to try not to ask the same questions, you blokes have covered a lot of territory and I have found a lot of answers, not game to ask about tyres however seems to be done to death each with his/her own result. We have the 19.5" rims on and the original splits, I'm not convinced with the 19.5 tyres available probably going to get the steel 16"rims off Ian, still debating the XML's vs the Duratrack, we will end up on lots of sand I really don't want a windscreen sticker that says echidna, I did read something about the" wanker factor" on the XML's don't want that either with out opening the whole debate again any advice would be welcome.
So far I have re set springs replaced pins and bushes; shocks; rear main; popped the screen peeled out all the sika joints resealed and re- painted roof and screen panel, canopy removed.I can confirm to anyone interested that international paints base white no tint is all but perfect match, info gleaned from the archives was spot on.
We intend to put our travelander slide on of the Patrol on and leave it there let the Patrol breath a sigh of relief, have done a lot of gulf trips over the last decade with Coburg and Kimberly mixed in the last year, this is where we first started to see Oka's.
Thinking about the last Bathurst with Holdens and Falcons next year down the Ocean road and back up the Ghan, I'm getting older and gulf seems to be getting hotter and the fish seem to have more water between them.
Anyhow enough for now thanks to all for the site and the info available.

More
11 Nov 2015 22:01 #8 by TH
TH replied the topic: New member
Hi Geoff.

Welcome.

Was that 2 pack paint you are using? The enamel didn't match for me.

Cheers, Tony

More
12 Nov 2015 09:08 #9 by fishing01
TH,
Yeah two pack interthene 990( i think will check the number), International paints, mainly used on machinery. I will see if I can post a picture of the can.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joseph Baz, TH