× Welcome to the OKA forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Wannabe OKA owners

More
12 Feb 2017 11:16 #1 by smales
smales created the topic: Wannabe OKA owners
We are Sue & Mike, wannabe OKA owners.
We sold our caravan because it wasn't getting used, we were tenting to get to the places we wanted to see. That was way too hard! Constantly trying to pack way too many assets into the poor Pathfinder. The time has come to get a real 4wd camper to get around.
Our number one choice is an OKA but they are a bit thin on the ground in Tassie. We have never even seen one in the flesh!
No. 036 is for sale in SA & does anyone know anything about it? Mike has spoken to the owner & he's sent a few photos but we need to gather more information before making the trek to the big island.
Cheers Sue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2017 15:18 - 12 Feb 2017 15:18 #2 by dandjcr
dandjcr replied the topic: Wannabe OKA owners
Hi Sue and Mike and welcome.

Oka 036 is a fairly early XT model but whether it's a good buy depends largely on what/where it's been used. Ask the owner about it's history and any upgrades, repairs etc.

As you've probably already discovered there is a lot of collective knowledge and expertise on this website on Okas, their modifications and uses. An Oka is a large, robust vehicle, very spacious and not too hard to drive but they can have their problems. However, few of them are unfixable and most will have been done by one of our members.

There have been several other recent new members looking for an Oka to buy and this post has some interesting comments.

Before leaping in to buying and/or subsequently making changes to your Oka, it's worth posing a few questions here on the forum, there are probably members who have done something similar before. If it's already been answered someone will point you at the info.

You've probably already noticed we've got a minor problem (Fatal Error) when posting forum entries. We are trying to get this fixed but in the meantime, read this post for more info.

Regards, David

David and Janet Ribbans - Oka 148
Oka148 profile here.
Visit our technical and travel blogs: here.
Last Edit: 12 Feb 2017 15:18 by dandjcr.
The following user(s) said Thank You: smales

More
12 Feb 2017 16:39 #3 by 210greg
210greg replied the topic: Wannabe OKA owners
If you want history on Okas Oka Pete in Melbourne is your man, He holds a wealth of knowledge and history on most trucks. Glad to see you sorted your joining issues.
Greg

More
12 Feb 2017 18:45 #4 by mort
mort replied the topic: Wannabe OKA owners
Hi Sue and Mike
You may want to call me as I can give some info that could be of interest to you.mob 0414632270
Martyn "its an OKA thing"

More
13 Feb 2017 04:22 #5 by PeteFox
PeteFox replied the topic: Wannabe OKA owners

smales wrote: We are Sue & Mike, wannabe OKA owners.
Our number one choice is an OKA but they are a bit thin on the ground in Tassie. We have never even seen one in the flesh!

Cheers Sue

Sue and Mike
I have an Oka motor home at Sisters Beach and there is another one close to Hobart. Both are friendly owners. If you want to look around one and ask questions feel free to PM me.
Pete

Pete Fox OKA266 MultiCab
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

www.byles.net/www.oka4wd.com/forum/membe...oka-266?limitstart=0

More
13 Feb 2017 12:12 #6 by Noel
Noel replied the topic: Wannabe OKA owners
Hi Sue and Mike
My wife Jan and I will be in Tassie from the 11th of March until the 9th of April so we imagine that we will be near you at some time. We would be happy to call in and say G'day if we are in your area

If you like you can contact us on 0418888043 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Noel & Jan