× Welcome to the OKA forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

OKA 162 Back on this site 6 Cylinder Perkins

More
21 Aug 2017 19:10 - 21 Aug 2017 19:13 #1 by rob and jan
rob and jan created the topic: OKA 162 Back on this site 6 Cylinder Perkins
We have owned our OKA for a very long time but dropped away from this site. I did have the privilege to meet Hal Harvey and his family we camped together at Collie many years ago now you can still find the Video that Hal made and put on Youtube OKA at Collie a number of OKA’s camped that weekend.

It looks like we dropped away when the web site changed over David Ribbans has just connected me back up so Thanks David it looks like I have got a bit of reading to do to help me catch up with the world of Oka’s We have Oka 162.

Like most of the Oka owners I have been keen to repower mine saying this our unit has only done 130k so not much on the clock. I have been trying to purchase a BT6 for years but have now given up I have purchased a complete International ACCO which has a Phaser 6 cylinder T1006 engine this has worked out to be a much cheaper option and the truck is a complete unit. This does have a Allison transmission but is only a AT545 which is a 4 speed so not a good option. I have since purchased a 2004, Allison 1000 ser 5 speed this was second hand so does not have the correct bell housing so will need to address this going forward. I would be keen to make contact with other Oka owners who have gone down the 6 Cylinder Perkins option my email address is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. Any help advise photos would be very much appreciated as if you would have already worked out the problems and found solutions that would save me having to re-invent this when its already been done this would also save me time and money. I plan on doing the conversion myself. Look forward to making contact with the members Regards Rob Thomas.
Last Edit: 21 Aug 2017 19:13 by rob and jan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.