× Welcome to the OKA forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Greetings all

More
04 Sep 2017 18:39 #1 by Chris126
Chris126 created the topic: Greetings all
Well, after nearly 4 1/2 years of owning an OKA & reading this site, it's finally time to join the forum.
First, many thanks to James & David for their great work in managing this site - we'd be lost without you.
Second - as has been quoted recently, "growing old is compulsory but growing up is just an option". I have a sneaky feeling many OKA owners have failed in the option department - myself definitely included. Perhaps this accounts for the so many differing views on the site.
I believe that because OKAs are individual beasts, the owners must be the same breed - we are always right and never w???? (never could get around that word!). I'm not very good in the typing department either so I'll sign off.
P.S. I might be able to help OKA folk with fuel capacity issues and any OKA access problems. Check out T-Rex 146 for both & Mort (fuel).
Cheers Chris
The following user(s) said Thank You: OKAPETE, mort, outyonda, T-Rex 146

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Sep 2017 19:04 #2 by T-Rex 146
T-Rex 146 replied the topic: Greetings all
Well hello to Roy's owner, good to see you here! and yes check out our awesome fuel tanks and my new steps, actually feel safe using them and don't have to take big strides that were hard on my "dicky knee", having that extra tred makes all the difference, and so easy to operate, thanks heaps.

More
07 Sep 2017 14:27 #3 by mort
mort replied the topic: Greetings all
Hi Chris,
normally there would be a number of welcomes and at least one request for photo's by now but not everyone is popular so just to make you feel welcomed I will ask ...so what took so long and where is the photo's.
Still waiting for the review on the Perkins V Cummins but if both at 220 Hp cant be much difference.
For all that may be interested Chris may be a bit shy and doesn't promote himself but he made mine and T-Rex's fuel tanks at 165 Lt each + expansion you can get about 2000 Klm and they come with mounting brackets and possibly a video to install, he has also developed replacement steps but wait there is more they have 3 steps not 2.
So Chris I have the tanks but I will need the steps will this add qualify for a freebie
Martyn (its an OKA thing)

More
07 Sep 2017 17:37 #4 by Holmz
Holmz replied the topic: Greetings all
Chris -where are you at?
I heard some words about steps and tanks...
Are you just up the track?

More
15 Sep 2017 07:48 #5 by mort
mort replied the topic: Greetings all
Hi Holmz and others,
Chris is having trouble getting internet access so not responding not from lack of trying.
When you live in Alice every thing is just up the track or down the track ,he managed to get on for a short time yesterday and left his contact details and some photos he can get incoming so contact him direct if needed.
Martyn

More
15 Sep 2017 16:51 - 15 Sep 2017 16:53 #6 by Holmz
Holmz replied the topic: Greetings all

mort wrote: Hi Holmz and others,
Chris is having trouble getting internet access so not responding not from lack of trying.
When you live in Alice every thing is just up the track or down the track ,he managed to get on for a short time yesterday and left his contact details and some photos he can get incoming so contact him direct if needed.
Martyn

Other than the local cinema the OKA URL is physically/spatially the closest ... And the one that takes ages to do a double load.
This is on top of the fiasco of an NBN.
Last Edit: 15 Sep 2017 16:53 by Holmz.