× Welcome to the OKA forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

New Member - MAST

More
03 Jan 2021 13:50 #1 by MAST
MAST created the topic: New Member - MAST
Hi, quick intro for Mark and Sandi located in Mandurah Western Australia.
I first became aware of the OKA back in the early 90's due to living a stones throw away from the OKA Bibra Lake facility and was in awe the first time I saw one. At that stage I was converting a Toyota 4Runner to V8 and building a custom off road camper. We got married and then travelled around Australia for the following two years (Extended Honeymoon) We look back at this period as one of the highlights of our lives and vowed we would do it all again some day. On the other hand it also ruined me always remembering the fun times ;)
Then in 2006 I had a personal tour of the OKA Facility by one of the workers and was again impressed and saw a nearly completed totally decked out OKA with soo many gadgets. (Looking back now I am sure it was Susi & Ruedi's - NT001)
Fast forward many years and we are starting to plan ahead and are leaning towards an OKA Camper to take us around again. So at this stage, early days for us and to be honest I haven't sat in or driven one yet. So we are still in the research phase and finding this Forum a great wealth of information.
OKA # TBA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jan 2021 17:29 #2 by mort
mort replied the topic: New Member - MAST
Hi Mast ( Mark ),
Welcome to the site.
I had a little laugh at your history of OKA's but have never driven or sat in one, well if you want there is an owner in Mandurah who is willing to give you a seat and even drive it so if interested I can pass on his contact details.

Martyn

More
03 Jan 2021 18:52 #3 by MAST
MAST replied the topic: New Member - MAST
Hi Martyn,
Thanks for the reply and offer, I would love to take up the opportunity to check out a local OKA and have a chat with the owner. Greatly appreciated.

More
04 Jan 2021 07:06 #4 by mort
mort replied the topic: New Member - MAST
Hi Mark,
I will send the name and mob number by private message and you can contact direct remember he goes back to work end of week.
Martyn