× Welcome to the OKA forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

WA Newbie: On the Search for the OKA Lifestyle

More
06 May 2022 09:38 #1 by One Life
One Life created the topic: WA Newbie: On the Search for the OKA Lifestyle
G'day everyone,

My name is Shane, my wife, 2 kids and I are on the search for the OKA lifestyle. Being from WA, we have grown up seeing OKA's out and about. So now that it is time to start exploring WA with our young family, we thought an OKA might be a nice fit for our family.

I maybe a newbie to the world of OKA's, but not to world of 4wden, travelling or overlanding. I have owned over the years a few different vehicles, such as 76 Kombi camper that I drove from Perth to Hobart and back, as well as a custom built Suzuki Sierra that I competed in 4wd Rock Crawling Comps back when I was much younger, plus a few others.

We are looking for something that can take the kids to some of the most remote places in Aus, on extended travels.
I look forward to learning about the OKA and "E - Meeting" you all.

One Life, One Search,
Shane

Working towards a sustainable future.
One Life, One Search.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 May 2022 06:12 #2 by 210greg
210greg replied the topic: WA Newbie: On the Search for the OKA Lifestyle
welcome enjoy

More
08 May 2022 15:42 #3 by Hedgie
Hedgie replied the topic: WA Newbie: On the Search for the OKA Lifestyle
Hi Shane
I had similar thoughts a number of years ago and the Oka was a great fit for our family. The girls grew up traveling to many parts of Australia every school holidays with most of the travels on dirt roads in remote areas. I am sure these experiences have had a part in our strong family connection and contributed to their growth.
All the best in your quest.
Keith

More
16 May 2022 21:23 #4 by Holmz
Holmz replied the topic: WA Newbie: On the Search for the OKA Lifestyle

One Life wrote: G'day everyone,

My name is Shane, my wife, 2 kids and I are on the search for the OKA lifestyle. Being from WA, we have grown up seeing OKA's out and about. So now that it is time to start exploring WA with our young family, we thought an OKA might be a nice fit for our family.

I maybe a newbie to the world of OKA's, but not to world of 4wden, travelling or overlanding. I have owned over the years a few different vehicles, such as 76 Kombi camper that I drove from Perth to Hobart and back, as well as a custom built Suzuki Sierra that I competed in 4wd Rock Crawling Comps back when I was much younger, plus a few others.

We are looking for something that can take the kids to some of the most remote places in Aus, on extended travels.
I look forward to learning about the OKA and "E - Meeting" you all.

One Life, One Search,
Shane

Sean and Yasmin, and their boys are selling their’s soon.