× Welcome to the OKA forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

G DAY

More
01 Nov 2012 16:08 #1 by dandjcr
dandjcr created the topic: G DAY
Forum Home > On the Road > G DAY

Allen
G Day
I am a new member
My name is Allen I am married with 4 boys we are an active camping family my wife and I have traveled the top and from Darwin to Broome a few times and I did travel the cape a bit. Now with 4 boys its hard to travel any great distance ,as we have a patrol and the rear seats are getting too small for my growing boys.I am at the moment talking my wife in to an OKA i have seen them at work in the cape and in the defence force earlier on, I love the seating of the dual cab and the multi cab at the moment I am just kicking tyres and finding as much info as i can I have been on the phone with Dean Howells he was a big help and he said tha OKA Pete was the go to man in Vic. (I think that he lives close). As you all know it's a big expense and for me it's not till next year that I will be in any position to buy an OKA but this will give me time to pick your brains and ask all the dumb questions
Thanks Allen

April 13, 2012 at 11:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Peter & Sandra James Oka 374
Allen welcome to the Oka forum, we know where you are coming from, we had troopies for over twenty years carting three kids around on extended outback trips and now we have the Oka we have said many times "we should have bought one of these twenty years ago it would have been great with the kids". We actually tried to buy a new one twice but due to the factory being absolutely useless re customer focus bought another new troopy both times. Then waited until retirement to buy one and turn it into a camper which works really well. If you were to get a dual or multicab now it can be changed to any other body configuration in later years, and yes Okapete can steer you towards the best setup as he has had quite a few over the years.
--
Oka 374 LT Van

April 13, 2012 at 1:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Greg #210 and Dean #366
Welcome Allen we have just purchased #210 both Okapete and this forum have been great. Darren the bloke we bought 210 off wished the web had been available to him years ago.

--
April 13, 2012 at 2:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dandj
Allen, there's a lot of useful info on this website and if you download the Composite Forum Listing from the Documents and Data section, you'll have access to most forum topics at the click of a mouse. Check out the Vehicle Discussion and Personal categories, it saves a lot of searching.
--
David and Janet Ribbans, Oka 148

April 13, 2012 at 5:41 PM

David and Janet Ribbans - Oka 148
Oka148 profile here.
Visit our technical and travel blogs: here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.