× Welcome to the OKA forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

G'day

More
23 Jan 2013 21:36 #1 by TH
TH created the topic: G'day
Hi guys

Names Tony, and I am proud to admit I am a mate of Hal's. I have often considered buying an OKA, since 1992, and Hal's stories of duramax transplants has resparked my interest.

I farm in the Midwest of WA, am married to a fantastic English girl and we have 3 kids.

In no hurry to buy a vehicle so I thought I would take the plunge and join up in the hope of learning a bit more about these impressive vehicles. Go into the process with both eyes open, so to speak.

Cheers, Tony

Cheers, Tony

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jan 2013 21:51 #2 by Outback Jack
Outback Jack replied the topic: G'day
Welcome.

OKA`s are a special vehicle and not for everyone. They are more like a truck than a Japanese 4wd and so need a little more TLC. OKA`s did have a bad rap I believe 15 odd years ago, but how many 4wd Tourist buses survived a few years working. Wheres OKA have lasted 10 plus years in the same enviroment.

With a mate like Hal, you should be fine if you decide to take the leap. Lots of info here and the OKA you look at buying will probably be known on this forum.

I have spent a bit of time in the Mid West. Places I have worked and lived include, Morowa, Mullewa, Three Springs and even spent a night in the cells at Carnamah when I was lot younger and sillier.

Also worked around Enabba for a while.

My old man has done a lot of Dozer work in the region as well.

More
23 Jan 2013 22:20 #3 by TH
TH replied the topic: G'day
Thanks.

You will probably know my area then. Arrowsmith River west of Arrino.

Well aware of the size. Looked at MAN mid wheel base trucks as an alternative a few years back. But whereas the MAN is a small truck an OKA is just a big ute and as you said will last a while.

Cheers, Tony

More
24 Jan 2013 03:14 #4 by Greg 210 and Dean 366
Greg 210 and Dean 366 replied the topic: G'day
Welcome Tony I am sure Hal guide you in the right direction, Enjoy.