× Welcome to the OKA forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Just finding a space in the space.

More
24 Jan 2013 13:40 #1 by Lee and Ian
Lee and Ian created the topic: Just finding a space in the space.
Hello all,
Lee and Ian McVilly here. Tassie is our space and OKA 141 has been our prefered good time place since 2009.
We live on 20 acres in the Derwent Valley in a beautiful mud brick house. Tasmania has lots of good exploring
potential at any time of the year. Always happy to have a visit from anybody travelling around. Plenty of
private campimg space here or on another block we have down the road on the creek.
Our email is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. Please contact us if you need somewhere quiet to stay. (A good red always welcome)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2013 13:53 - 24 Jan 2013 13:54 #2 by dandjcr
dandjcr replied the topic: Just finding a space in the space.
Good to hear from you Lee and Ian.

An Oka to talk about, Tassie to relax in, and a Red to sample, an unbeatable combination.

We have been south before (2005) but it's high on our short list of places to visit again. 6 weeks was just not enough.

Do you have any pics of Oka 141 in its natural habitat to share?

David and Janet Ribbans - Oka 148
Oka148 profile here.
Visit our technical and travel blogs: here.
Last Edit: 24 Jan 2013 13:54 by dandjcr.

More
24 Jan 2013 14:06 #3 by Lee and Ian
Lee and Ian replied the topic: Just finding a space in the space.
Hi David and Janet, Yes we do have a few pics, however running in a new computer at the moment and have not transfered
files from old unit. Waiting for help from intelligent children to turn up and help with this daunting task.
Must get a handle on this tecnology stuff before we become the new illiterate.
Let us know if you are heading south, we'll be happy to help.

More
24 Jan 2013 20:50 #4 by PeteFox
PeteFox replied the topic: Just finding a space in the space.
Hi Lee and Ian
I'm currently sitting here at the free camp at Campania, filling in time because the other half had to fly to Melbournne for family stuff. She'll be flying back in on Sat.
Heading up to Bothwell on Sun to pick up some red I have coming in. It's a long story.
Anyway
What sort of red do you like? I have some Pinot, Cabernet and GSM, we could crack a bottle on the way through as we're heading south from there.
Pete and Deanna

Pete Fox OKA266 MultiCab
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

www.byles.net/www.oka4wd.com/forum/membe...oka-266?limitstart=0

More
25 Jan 2013 05:05 #5 by Lee and Ian
Lee and Ian replied the topic: Just finding a space in the space.
Hi Pete,
You are less than an hour from here. Have a house full until Sunday but after that it's all good. If you would like to visit on Sunday afternoon, I finish work at two. Ian works until 4. Come and have a BBQ and camp here or down on the other block by the creek. If you are interested give me a call on 62614212 or 0419626143 and I'll give you directions.

More
01 Feb 2013 04:47 #6 by PeteFox
PeteFox replied the topic: Just finding a space in the space.
Deanna and I have just spent a couple of wonderful days with Lee and Ian McVilly on their creek block in the Derwent Valley in splendid isolation.
Great hospitality and really good company.
As a matter of fact we're still here for a couple of more days - Ian and Lee had to go back to work.

Ian and Lee own Oka 141, a very tidy full bodied motorhome. I have some photos to post up when I get to a real computer.
Pete and Deanna

Pete Fox OKA266 MultiCab
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

www.byles.net/www.oka4wd.com/forum/membe...oka-266?limitstart=0