× Welcome to the OKA forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Introducing Alex and Wendy

More
04 Mar 2013 20:11 - 13 Aug 2013 21:29 #1 by Alex
Alex created the topic: Introducing Alex and Wendy
Hi Everyone just a quick one to introduce ourselves.Wendy and myself moved to Kalbarri a couple of years ago to add a bit of excitement and get out of our stale daily lives in Golden Bay WA By doing so we bought a business called Kalbarri Wilderness Canoeing and with came a beautiful OKA (475) LT 97 model.How lucky am I.We have fallen for the old girl and she's a working bus we look after her as she's part of the family. In Kalbarri we happen to three resident Oka's and we hope to add another later.I decided to join this site so I could learn and enjoy as much as can.I have included a few photo's so till next time I am so rapped about finding good Oka company. Cheers for now
Attachments:
Last Edit: 13 Aug 2013 21:29 by Alex.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Mar 2013 20:44 #2 by Hal Harvey
Hal Harvey replied the topic: Introducing Alex and Wendy
Welcome along Alex & Wendy. I'll bet you're looking forward to the separate Easter and school holiday periods coming up this year! We're regular Kalbarri visitors and will be there again in April.

The pic below is of the other two Kalbarri OKAs, neither of which are on this site. The one on the right is #342, but I don't know the other one.

Principal advisor to the Minister for Tourism, Liza Harvey MLA
... OKA 260 ... "I'm not leaving any sooner than I have to!"
www.byles.net/OLDportal/members-vehicles-public/5-oka-260
Attachments:

More
04 Mar 2013 20:59 #3 by Alex
Alex replied the topic: Introducing Alex and Wendy
Thanks Hal they are the the other oka's and belong to our direct opposition on the river.Interestingly i pretty sure that I saw your oka earlier this year ar gregory rock and last year also in town. I have also have seen another white one here from time to time. Loved your story on the Zoydorf,never can spell that off the top of my head.We also were looking to visit but the local SES was in charge and they thought an Oka would not make it. Can't wait to show them your posting!!The guy that owns the two oka's lives out of town and they are just used as work bus's.I'll try to get the other number next time I see them.Look forward to meeting you all.

More
04 Mar 2013 21:15 #4 by Outback Jack
Outback Jack replied the topic: Introducing Alex and Wendy
Welcome Alex and Wendy.

Plenty of Info here about OKA`s etc.

Good to see a few OKA`s still working, cant say that about many other tourist vehicles 15 odd years down the track.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex

More
04 Mar 2013 21:15 #5 by TH
TH replied the topic: Introducing Alex and Wendy
Hi Alex

I'm just down the road, sorta, (Mingenew)and a mate of Ash Van Viersen's

I've seen your OKA parked in front of the tourist bureau a few times when I've been in town. It's in pretty good shape considering the environment

A mate and I did the wreck site year before last , in a Prado, and I didn't find the track north of the fenceline that bad.

Cheers, Tony
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex