Air Steps

More
31 Oct 2012 21:50 #1 by dandjcr
dandjcr created the topic: Air Steps
Forum Home > OKA Maintenance > Air Steps

James & Usha (THEByleDuct)
Administrator
Since I have had no solid bites on the air-steps I'm considering options on fitting them myself at some stage in the future. Does anyone have a picture of how they are mounted to the vehicle? If so could you please either post them to this thread or PM me.
Thanks - James
--
OKA #072

May 20, 2011 at 1:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hal Harvey
Site Owner
James, if you want one to compare & contrast with, pick a weekend to do the job and I'll bring mine around for a comparison. It's one of those things that even though a picture speaks a thousand words, it still might not convey how to do it. Much easier to have one to look at.
--
Hal

May 20, 2011 at 5:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Peter & Sandra James Oka 374
James they mount up to captive nuts already in the underfloor frames on the bus body. I would imagine that the dual cab would also have them
--
Oka 374 LT Van

May 20, 2011 at 7:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Administrator
Thanks Peter - it's pouring with rain at the moment so I'll have to wait until tomorrow morning to have a look if the nuts are present.
--
OKA #072

May 20, 2011 at 9:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Peter & Sandra James Oka 374
374 just had a big long step beside the fuel tank when we got it. I fitted an air step without all the automatic stuff and just operate it manually with a clip to hold it up.
The six captive nuts were all there in the underfloor frame, could only fit five as the battery bracket intruded just a touch on one of them and wasn't lined up. As yet I haven't got around to loosening the battery bracket to fit the last bolt.
--
Oka 374 LT Van

May 21, 2011 at 7:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hal Harvey
Site Owner
James, I had the real camera out today so took some pics for the site, in case others have the same query; but it's still a bit hard to tell much from them. For what it's worth:

--
Hal

June 10, 2011 at 12:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Administrator
Thanks Hal, that shows me a lot. I still haven't had a chance to work down that way so haven't called up to get a view in person.
Cheers, James
--
OKA #072

June 10, 2011 at 12:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

David and Janet Ribbans - Oka 148
Oka148 profile here.
Visit our technical and travel blogs: here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.