More
31 Oct 2012 21:59 #1 by dandjcr
dandjcr created the topic: How To Rebuild Your OKA
Forum Home > OKA Maintenance > How To Rebuild Your OKA

Mark

--

May 17, 2011 at 7:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Paul Scherek
Wow!! Fantastic job. If the mechnicals are as good as the rest, that would have to be about the best Oka around. Congrats, great effort.
Cheers,
Paul
May 17, 2011 at 12:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mark
Thanks Paul ....We have rebuilt both our okas this way
--

May 17, 2011 at 2:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dandj
How to rebuild your Oka? First get yourself a huge shed and a heavy lifting hoist!!!

This is a really good job. It's very interesting to see a naked Oka but you almost fooled my by including one photo twice.

Thanks for posting the pics.
--
David and Janet Ribbans, Oka 148

May 17, 2011 at 5:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Aussie Bight Expeditions
Hi Guys,
I appreciate the work that has gone into the rebuild, as the for sale one looked to new to be all those years on the beach, with tours. I well know the hassle of washing them each trip and the pains I have to go to to keep the rust out and the yearly roadworthy tests that we have to through.
I was very suspicious that you had spent allot of time and money at some stage when I saw the tail lights and no rear join in the rear section as to the amount of the work that you have done.
I have found that with of my OKA's that the silastic seals go in the bus where ever the metal has been joined and overlaid, I now have replaced it all with slikaflex and that has really been a good deal as it has prevented the salt getting in the joins, but will in the next few years do the same type of rebuild. Could well do with your lovely hoists as it sure makes it easy. My road worthy man has them for their truck work and the OKA has been up on it to do the clutch and it made that so simple.
Good luck with the sale and I am sure you will have no trouble selling them or just the one with the work you have done and do on them
Thanks for the photos, it makes the OKA look so simple.
Regards
ABE Tony
--
May 17, 2011 at 9:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cando
Mark , we are doing the same type of rebuild at the moment . Big job. Reckon it's worth it though .
--
Happy trails

Cando and Bron XLT 112

May 17, 2011 at 11:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mark
Tony... the vehicle that we are selling has just had a new paint job thats why it looks so new. The major rebuild was done in 2008
--

May 18, 2011 at 5:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Aussie Bight Expeditions
Hi Mark,
When ever you did the job it is a credit to you and the company. Just looking at the photos, I see that it appears that you have fold down sides in the area that the bus is being rebuilt, is that to do maintenance work on the top of the buses, say your normal A/C units on the top of the coaches, or do my eyes deceive me again, as that would be really good and smart, especially with the way OH&S is nowadays. May be on second look it is the mezzanine floor. Very impressive shop floor but I am sure with the amount of buses you have that you, it is well used and needed daily.
ABE Tony

--
May 18, 2011 at 6:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mark
Hi Tony....
what you see in the photos is in our panel shop its a gantry for working on top and sides of vehicles the sides are adjustable to move up & down
mark
--

May 18, 2011 at 6:58 AM

David and Janet Ribbans - Oka 148
Oka148 profile here.
Visit our technical and travel blogs: here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.