OKA XT 149

More
05 May 2020 21:16 - 05 May 2020 22:14 #1 by Rick Whitworth
Last Edit: 05 May 2020 22:14 by Rick Whitworth.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OKAPETE, mort, 210greg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 May 2020 02:06 #2 by Lang
Lang replied the topic: OKA XT 149
Thanks Rick.

Lang

More
06 May 2020 15:40 #3 by Paul Scherek
Paul Scherek replied the topic: OKA XT 149
So THAT is what we are meant to do during lock down!

More
06 May 2020 16:10 #4 by Alister McBride
Alister McBride replied the topic: OKA XT 149
Is that using SolidWorks Rick? A lot of hours in it!

Is that Martin's intercooler you're running there? is there a cutout through to the radiator tunnel or is it below that?

More
06 May 2020 20:47 #5 by Rick Whitworth
Rick Whitworth replied the topic: OKA XT 149
Alister, model was built using Google Sketchup with extensions. Mobility, steering, suspension etc done with an extension called MSPhysics which provides gravity and allows objects to be assigned mass with friction and interoperability between model components using joints like hinges, motors, servos, sliders, pistons, springs, ballandsockets, universals and others that obey classical physics laws and can be engineered to allow movement. It is a programable application. The OKA model can be driven around via the keyboard or a joystick.
The video animation was done with DaVinci.
Yep, many hours of work, done a couple of years ago after I lost Sue. She loved travelling in the OKA. I used to manage a spatial data, GPS/3D modeĺling team before I retired. The model was developed beyond what is shown above but I have not touched it for a year or so and it is still unfinished. The videos above were recorded over a year ago. Decided to post them because I may never get back to it. Something of an obsession but no less than that which we all have for our OKAs. :)
The turbo is a Swift special. Intercooler is a Monza brand. I bought it for 'a good price' from Paul Nott who had it kicking around. It is bolted up to the mounts designed to carry a front winch with the fan on top sitting up in the cavity under the rdiator tunnel. Those bits are all in the model but were not at the time the videos were done.
Martin's turbo, the intercooler, optiair intake and IP upgrade kit transformed 149.

More
06 May 2020 21:00 #6 by Rick Whitworth
Rick Whitworth replied the topic: OKA XT 149
Paul, it was done a couple of years ago before lockdown.
I have an outside project that takes up all my time now instead but yes, it would make a very absorbing low cost inside project for someone that way inclined!
Reckon something real like Peter's feather weight OKA project would be much more fun but takes deeper pockets than mine.