OKA 2WD

More
02 Nov 2012 21:13 #1 by dandjcr
dandjcr created the topic: OKA 2WD
Forum Home > On the Road > OKA 2WD

Moose2367
Hey guys,

As some of you are aware, i'm looking for an OKA, preferably a dual cab, so i don't have to buy a module etc. But i have found a rare (so i hear) 2WD OKA with a 6.5 Chev diesel in it.

How hard would it be to convert to 4WD? Is it just a matter of changing the front housing to one with a diff, a transfer case and associated parts, lever etc and free wheeling hubs?

Just wondering if it would be worth the trouble, as it's also a bus configuration and would need to chop or sell it and buy the module and tray.

Cheers

Luke
October 4, 2011 at 8:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

joseph baz
Hi Moose,it 's all related to the asking price and what was altered to fit the V8,by the time you get a decent Dana 60,transfer case (assuming the original gearbox was kept) Linkages ,cross members,hand brake bits,tail and front prop shafts I doubt that you will have any change of 10 thou and that is a conservative figure....It can be done but is only money!!!
Cheers,Joe
October 4, 2011 at 8:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

oka 098
Gday what they asking for 2wd oka?cheers
October 4, 2011 at 10:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ewart & Vivian Halford
I remember Robbin talking about some 2WD OKAs and he said they wernt worth much but that was a few yeasr back. I would sugest you talk to him or Allen.
Ewart
October 4, 2011 at 10:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Moose2367
Advertised for $27,500. But the add is old and not sure if they still want to sell it. Have been told they would maybe let it go for about $15K.

I'm not keen on it anymore, too much work to do mechanically and to get it to what i want. Not keen on the engine either, duramax would be the best engine transplant, followed by either a Cummins 4BT or 6BT if it would fit, my opinion only though
October 4, 2011 at 10:58 PM

David and Janet Ribbans - Oka 148
Oka148 profile here.
Visit our technical and travel blogs: here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.